18 year old

crisp1

With the search not working I'm hoping someone can help out. 4 non related people want to book a cruise. 3 are over 21 but under 25. The 4th is 18. Will CCL allow this. Thanks

No they will not.

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/sections/minor.html

Guests Under the Age of 21 NOT Traveling with Parents / Grandparents

The minor must travel with a guardian 25 years of age or older in the same stateroom. The exceptions Carnival will make to this policy are:

Legally Married Couple / Same Gender Union Couple

· Legally married couples and same gender union couples less than 21 years of age must provide Carnival with legal proof of marriage/civil union at least two weeks prior to sailing.

· Documentation can be e-mailed to individualsailingsupport@carnival.com or faxed to 305-406-6479.

· For those guests whose marriage/civil union will not take place until closer to the sailing date, they must bring proof of their marriage/civil union to embarkation. Failure to do so will result in denied boarding and no refund.

· The booking must be documented as follows:

Ø Legally Married Couple: Mar Und/21

Ø Same Gender Union Couple: Uni Und/21

· Documentation: marriage license issued by the County Clerk’s Office; legal proof of civil union; for newly married couples: a copy of the marriage license application signed by the official that performed the ceremony.

· Marriage Equality States: New York; Connecticut; Iowa; Massachusetts; New Hampshire; Vermont; District of Columbia. Civil Union States: Delaware; Hawaii; Illinois; New Jersey.

Qualified Military Personnel (and/or guests in same stateroom)

Military Personnel (18/19/20 years of age) will be an exception to our Carnival Age Policy.

· Minimum age is 18 years of age for the Military guest and guests in the same stateroom.

· Both scenarios will be an exception to our Carnival Age Policy:

Ø Military guest, 18/19/20 years of age traveling in same stateroom with guests 18 years of age and older

Ø Military guest, 21 years of age or older traveling in same stateroom with guests 18/19/20 years of age

· Applicable to U.S Military Personnel and Canadian National Defense Personnel

· Military personnel in a Delayed Entry Program are not eligible until period of active duty.

· The booking must be documented as follows: Mil Und/21

· Military guest does not have to be booked under a Military Rate to be able to travel.

· Proof of Military eligibility (see below) must be sent to the Interline Desk for verification. The information can be sent via fax to 305 406-6478 or emailed to Interline@carnival.com. Guest who is not able to submit the required documentation to meet the Age Policy Exception will be denied boarding and assessed a 100% cancellation penalty. No exceptions will be made at embarkation.

· Guest must be able to show Verification Documents at Embarkation as well.

· Verification Documents for Minors include one of the following:

Ø Copy of the military LES (Leave and Earning statement) – provided the social security number is blackened out.

Ø Proof for Cadets: A letter from his/her Commander or a copy of a military paystub - provided the social security number is blackened out.

(f) Carnival shall refuse boarding to any Guest under the age of twenty-one unless: (1) the Guest is traveling in the same stateroom with an individual twenty-five years or older; (2) traveling in the same stateroom with their spouse; or (3) traveling with a parent or guardian in an accompanying stateroom. Proof of age and/or proof of marriage are required. Carnival shall not be liable to make any refunds or for any damages with respect to any Guest's failure to provide proper proof of age or marriage or otherwise comply with this provision.

per ticket contract with Carnival

• 3 weeks later...

As previously stated, they will not allow it. I have 2 rooms booked for an upcoming CCL cruise. It will be me, hubby, daughter 9, sons 19 and 22. The would not allow my boys to share a cabin. So I had to book hubby and 1 son in one room, and all the rest with me. :(

As previously stated, they will not allow it. I have 2 rooms booked for an upcoming CCL cruise. It will be me, hubby, daughter 9, sons 19 and 22. The would not allow my boys to share a cabin. So I had to book hubby and 1 son in one room, and all the rest with me. :(

We did that this last time. We had connecting rooms, put the boys in one room and me and DH in the other once we boarded. Just left the room keys the way they were as the inside door was always unlocked between the 2 rooms. You should be able to go to Guest Services once on board and get additional room keys (they will only be room keys, the Sail and Sign card will remain under the original cabins).

We did that this last time. We had connecting rooms, put the boys in one room and me and DH in the other once we boarded. Just left the room keys the way they were as the inside door was always unlocked between the 2 rooms. You should be able to go to Guest Services once on board and get additional room keys (they will only be room keys, the Sail and Sign card will remain under the original cabins).

Thanks, Ill look into getting the extra keys.

I couldnt get two rooms side by side. My room is at the end of a hallway and I didnt want to give up the room (Grand Scenic). There are only 2 on the ship. They wouldnt let only 2 people book the room beside me (a room for 3 - 4), so they had to be in a room 3 doors away, or an inside across the hall, which they didnt want. :(

Thanks for the extra key info! I didnt know I could do that. Im a little happier now!!! Especially since only someone in the same room can pick up my daughter from the kids club, so it would always have to be me!!!

Thanks, Ill look into getting the extra keys.

I couldnt get two rooms side by side. My room is at the end of a hallway and I didnt want to give up the room (Grand Scenic). There are only 2 on the ship. They wouldnt let only 2 people book the room beside me (a room for 3 - 4), so they had to be in a room 3 doors away, or an inside across the hall, which they didnt want. :(

Thanks for the extra key info! I didnt know I could do that. Im a little happier now!!! Especially since only someone in the same room can pick up my daughter from the kids club, so it would always have to be me!!!

Glad I could be of help. I don't blame you not wanting to give up that room! Have a great cruise!

One more thing - if I remember correctly - and it's been quite a few years since my boys needed to be signed in and out, but when you register them for the Kids Club, I think you can designate one other person to sign them out. I know we had my mom do it a couple times, but things may have changed since then. Maybe someone with recent experience can chime in. They never swiped our cards, and it doesn't say what room you're in on your card, so I don't know how they would know who is where (if that makes any sense).

Glad I could be of help. I don't blame you not wanting to give up that room! Have a great cruise!

One more thing - if I remember correctly - and it's been quite a few years since my boys needed to be signed in and out, but when you register them for the Kids Club, I think you can designate one other person to sign them out. I know we had my mom do it a couple times, but things may have changed since then. Maybe someone with recent experience can chime in. They never swiped our cards, and it doesn't say what room you're in on your card, so I don't know how they would know who is where (if that makes any sense).

On the Valor last month they let me add three people to the pickup list, just had to make sure their names were spelled correctly.

whomever booked you gave you bad info.

As long as you are on the ship with your boys at that age they can be booked anywhere on the ship in their own cabin.

Bill

Oceanlover speaks the truth, 4 of us are booked on an upcoming cruise. DW and I are booked in one room, DD's in connecting cabin by themselves , neither is 21 ( we were told as long as 1 is 19 and we are booked on the same ship it'll be fine ) . The policy is not designed to keep young people from cruising, just from cruising alone unsupervised. I realize adults don't always make good decisions, but some young adults are known to make some really bad ones ( see media articles from spring break cities in March )

whomever booked you gave you bad info.

As long as you are on the ship with your boys at that age they can be booked anywhere on the ship in their own cabin.

Bill

It was someone from carnival. In fact, I had me, hubby and daughter booked in one room and the boys booked in the other. Approx 2 months after booking, they called ME and told me that could not be done. They insisted I rebook, lose deposits and pay the current price. Obviously I was livid as it was someone from Carnival who took my initial reservation and never said a word after getting all names, date of births etc..

So, of course, I asked for a supervisor who said she would let me keep the deposits, but would have to book me again at current prices. Before I flipped out over that one, I decided to hear what the current prices were first, and to my luck they were the same as what I paid.

At this point, it is what it is and we'll get the extra keys.

Regarding the kids club, I saw that I could pre register online, but the drop down box on the online form only gives the names of who is in my cabin for permission to pickup. Maybe if I do it "Live", on the ship, I can add others (husband). I never did get to complete the online form because after giving all my info and my daughters likes and dislikes and all the permissions etc...I got a message saying I would have to get a sign and sail card before completing registration. I searched a bit to see if I could get the S & S card online, but didnt find any place to do it. I decided to just get on the ship and figure everything out from there!!

Thanks for all the great info! I really appreciate it.

It was someone from carnival. In fact, I had me, hubby and daughter booked in one room and the boys booked in the other. Approx 2 months after booking, they called ME and told me that could not be done. They insisted I rebook, lose deposits and pay the current price. Obviously I was livid as it was someone from Carnival who took my initial reservation and never said a word after getting all names, date of births etc..

So, of course, I asked for a supervisor who said she would let me keep the deposits, but would have to book me again at current prices. Before I flipped out over that one, I decided to hear what the current prices were first, and to my luck they were the same as what I paid.

At this point, it is what it is and we'll get the extra keys.

Regarding the kids club, I saw that I could pre register online, but the drop down box on the online form only gives the names of who is in my cabin for permission to pickup. Maybe if I do it "Live", on the ship, I can add others (husband). I never did get to complete the online form because after giving all my info and my daughters likes and dislikes and all the permissions etc...I got a message saying I would have to get a sign and sail card before completing registration. I searched a bit to see if I could get the S & S card online, but didnt find any place to do it. I decided to just get on the ship and figure everything out from there!!

Thanks for all the great info! I really appreciate it.

This is Carnivals official policy:

There was somebody on CC the other day in another post that said that the PVP's are well trained but after reading many stories like yours I am not convinced.

Carnival's policy regarding guests traveling alone or traveling with minors:

Guests are required to be 21 years old (on embarkation day) to travel. Guests under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same stateroom by a parent or guardian 25 or older. The exceptions Carnival will make to this policy are:

Guests Under the Age of 21 Traveling with Parents / Grandparents

Guests under the age of 13

• Minors can be booked in separate staterooms, only if booked next door or directly across the hall from the Parents/Grandparents stateroom.

Note: Minors 13 and under may only be booked in a balcony stateroom with the Parents/Grandparents"; this also applies to connecting staterooms.

Guests 13 - 17 years of age

• Minors can be booked in separate staterooms, by up to 3 staterooms in between the minor stateroom and the Parents/Grandparents stateroom.

Note: Minors age 13 may only be booked in a balcony stateroom with the Parents/Grandparents; this also applies to connecting staterooms.

Guests 18 years of age and older

Minors are 18 and older not required to be booked within close proximity nor on the same deck as the Parents/Grandparents. However, we will place you as close together as possible.

Bill

Archived