Souvenir prices - non tourist trap stores found in every port.

mermaidIamNOT

Well, first of all you can definitely negotiate prices. Shopping is my hobby and I do a lot of it while on vacation. Roatan has been no exception ;)

Have purchased many items in 3 separate trips there. One cruise stop and 2 one week stays.

They have beautiful wood items, I have purchased a very large vase, a large salad bowl w/6 small bowls and serving pieces and a smaller bowl on my last trip (perfect for popcorn) One of my favorites stores is Evelyns in West End Village right down from West End Divers. I paid $40.00 for the large vase (maybe 24 inches high) and the small bowl was $25.00. I purchased the salad set at another store in town and paid $50.00

Also at Evelyns I have purchased some really cute smallish embroidered purses. Depending on size - $11-15.00

Just recently I purchased a gorgeous hand embroidered table runner also at Evelyns ( I am a good customer of hers ) It is on my formal table right now and since the Holidays I have had both leaves in making it quite long (seats 10) and it hangs over the end on both ends. Originally $175. but she came down to $150. It is really nice with colorful fish all over.

Also have purchased pareos ($15 range) a embroidered carry on bag (2nd trip I needed something to put my salad bowl set in to get it home) $30. and even a unique Christmas ornament at the airport (a small gourd hollowed out and had a nativity scene carved into it) for $7.00

There is more...... but you can get a good idea of some prices. T shirts will run all over depending on the quality. There are some good ones in West End Village shops.

Hope this helps

Check out The Rusty Fish for some really neat and locally made items. I believe they have stands at both ports. Their website is www dot RustyFish dot com to get an idea of the pieces they sell. They make everything out of recycled and found items- metal, plastic, driftwood, cans, etc. Then it is painted and cut into shaped like marine life, crosses, picture frames, flowers, Christmas ornaments, magnets, etc. I remember the magnets were $5, the wooden signs (like Home Sweet Home) were in the $25 range, they had driftwood and flower knick knacks from $12 up, etc. It just varies on the size/style, but my group spent quite a while there! They had a lot more pieces at their stand than what is represented on their website, too.

Archived