Airboat excursion in Pt. Canaveral in March

Has anyone ever taken an air-boat excursion through RCI or other venue in March at the Pt. Canaveral stop? We are thinking about taking this excursion, but wanted a little feedback before booking. It also states that you can have a pic taken with one of the animals for $5 after the airboat ride. Has anyone had pic take with animals? If so, what type of animal? Also, how was the weather in march? Concerned that weather may be too cool for this excursion? Any thoughts, info appreciated.

Nancy

Hi,

If you are speaking of the airboat excursion with airport drop off, we did this in early March 2011. (Not sure if anything has changed since then)

As I recall it was a rather overcast day with a bit of drizzle. We had our jackets with us since we were flying back to cold weather. It seems to me they some blankets for people to use as well.

The excursion was just ok. We saw very few aligators poking out of the water. If you are looking for something to do other than just sit in the airport then it is fine. I think if I were to do it again, I would do the Space Center tour with airport drop off instead.

As far as pictures go, I don't recall being charged. I recall we were able to hold the baby aligator if we wanted and used our own personal cameras for pictures.

Hope I was of some help.

Have a wonderful trip :D

Hi,

If you are speaking of the airboat excursion with airport drop off, we did this in early March 2011. (Not sure if anything has changed since then)

As I recall it was a rather overcast day with a bit of drizzle. We had our jackets with us since we were flying back to cold weather. It seems to me they some blankets for people to use as well.

The excursion was just ok. We saw very few aligators poking out of the water. If you are looking for something to do other than just sit in the airport then it is fine. I think if I were to do it again, I would do the Space Center tour with airport drop off instead.

As far as pictures go, I don't recall being charged. I recall we were able to hold the baby aligator if we wanted and used our own personal cameras for pictures.

Hope I was of some help.

Have a wonderful trip :D

Hi....thanks for answering. Our cruise this March will leave from Bayonne, then stop in Pt. Canaveral from 1-11pm before sailing on to Bahamas. The airboat seemed like a fun thing to do since we don't get to do that here in Jersey ;)

My other choice was Kennedy space center, but still on the fence between the two. Still have 65 days or so to decide.

Thanks again.

Nancy

We did an airboat ride in March of 2010 at Port Canaveral. It was the RC excursion. We had never been on an airboat ride before and decided to try it. The day was beautiful and sunny t-shirt weather. We boarded the airboat and wore provided ear protection because they are quite noisy. We traveled through a cypress swamp and through many channels with lots of tall grassy growth. We saw several alligators and lots of different birds. After the ride we were offered sodas or water and fried alligator. There was also a nice presentation of assorted wildlife with the opportunity to touch them and photos if you wanted. The excursion was fun and I am glad we did it. It was one of those things if you haven't experienced, it was cool to do.

We did it last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. Made for a bad hair day......:p I would do it again. We saw pretty many alligators and birds. We too, had a beautiful day. If you do it, have fun and hang on.........( it's really safe). Just keep your hands in the boat. ;)

Gwen :)

If it's the Lone Cabbage Fish Camp airboat ride, we found it to be a good time for a reasonable fee. However, this was when we sailed with NCL last year. Ride lasted about 30 minutes. Saw plenty of gators, birds and free range cattle.

You should have the chance to pose with a small gator though they ask for a small donation which I thought was only appropriate. Actually gave them more.

It was nice to get off the ship and experience something that many of us don't get to do normally.

I did air boat ride last month and enjoyed it. The previous poster described it well. The animals that are shown are brought by an animal rescue group, last month they included a boa constrictor, a monkey, an opossum and a small alligator. If you wish to hold one they ask for a small donation since they are a not for profit group and it costs them a lot of money to feed the animals.

If you are considering Kennedy Space Center keep in mind that the visitors center closes at 5 pm so if the ship arrives at 1 pm your time will be limitted.

Archived