Back From Monarch 1/14-18/2011

isabela

Hi. We just came back from our cruise. The ship still shows its beauty. Very nice and pretty. New carpets in many areas. Good food, service and entertainment. Just a problem with toilets on deck 6. Didn't flush. We had to call maintenance for every flush Any questions, just ask. Isabel

Just wondering, in which cabin did you stay ? We are going on her on Monday on the 6th deck. I was also wondering if you went to Coco Cay, it seems they have been staying away for weather alot lately. If you did go how was the water? Thanks.....

Hi. We just came back from our cruise. The ship still shows its beauty. Very nice and pretty. New carpets in many areas. Good food, service and entertainment. Just a problem with toilets on deck 6. Didn't flush. We had to call maintenance for every flush Any questions, just ask. Isabel

I was on the Monarch this past Fall and they were laying new carpet all over the ship. Appears they are getting her ready for her 'new home'

We had cabin 6037- inside. It is very small and I asked the cabin steward about the others inside size and they all are the same. You need to go for an ocean view, no matter that you get the obstructed one. If you don't mind the space, then you will be fine. Concerning about the toilets, my original cabin was on deck 5th and I read here that toilets on that deck were all flushing back to the bathroom, so I called and moved up. Friends in 5th deck have no problems on my cruise, but many of us went throu hell.

Coco Cay was very pretty, nice weather, not hot, not cold, just perfect to enjoy the hammocks and BBQ. The water was chilly, not many people bathing or doing water sports.

I went last Feb and stayed on a low deck I believe 3 or 4. Last year was all about saving money LOL. There was a terrible smell in the hallways on my deck going back to the cabin. If I hadn't had the great idea of teasing people walking in front of me about it, which got a lot of good laughs, it would have been completely unbearable. I hope they figured out what it was that was stinking up the place.

The food in the MDR was pretty good! A few things here and there weren't spot on (such as the papadums--Indian cracker bread thing, was supposed to be crunchy but was soggy and limp) but the lamb shank was delish, I ate the entire thing. Escargot very tender, I sopped up all the garlic butter sauce with bread.

WJ food was not very good. Biscuits and gravy--gravy was SO thin and watery, with strange circular bits of "sausage". The indian curries weren't very spicy. Roast beef wasn't very flavorful. Funny thing was on the first day lunch, I went to the roast beef guy (Asian) and as soon as I went up to him (me also Asian) he pointed to another section of the WJ and said "The Asian food is over there." LOL! I said ok cool thanks, can I have some roast beef? But it was yucky! Maybe he was trying to do me a favor!

Breakfast the morning before Nassau in the MDR was very good! The waitress we got wasn't too friendly though. Eggs benedict some of the best I've had. Also kippered herring if you're into that, was good, but lots of small bones fyi.

Wow I really rambled there! Sorry I know the OP just came back but I see there are some here that have still yet to go. Hope this helps someone. :)

Sorry for the delay in response. I was very sick. Yes, we ate in the MDR every night and we had the best service from the happy crew. They are very good in pleasing you. The food selection was good. We had no problems like others posted. If we wanted double appetizers or any main entree, we got if with no questions asked. Also they suggest you to take more than one when you were not sure what to eat.

The drink package was for sail, but it was only in the first day. If you don't get it the first day, forget about it. We did missed it and we regret, because the prices for mixed drinks that my husband likes went up. So, be prepare to buy it that day or you can buy over the computer before sailing. Enjoy your trip.

Archived