Suggestion about FAQ on Oceania's website

Tansy Mews

Since I can't find an appropriate way to contact O directly through their website, I will post here, hoping Mr. Del Rio will see it.

My suggestion is that the excellent FAQ (frequently asked questions) be moved to a more prominent part of the website. Or at the least, the label / tag be changed.

The FAQ is now subsumed under "guest services" which is not a major menu item (not on the main horizontal menu (Find a cruise, Promotions, etc.). It is a poorly worded label and placed near the login and language selector and beside the (unclidkable) phone number.

Change the label to Guest Services / FAQ or to FAQ for guests.

Many of the questions that are asked here on CC and by people on board are answered in the FAQ but passengers never find it!

Just back from a 37 day cruise - loved it!

I know the web site is meant to be more a marketing tool and it does that very well. Itineraries are easy to find. Excursions are easy to find. But, there are certain things one forgets from cruise to cruise. I knew FAQ's would help me out, but it was a struggle to find them.

P.S. Tansy Mews: Have been reading your posts on the South America board. We are going next December. Thanks so much for taking the time to help future cruisers.

I hope that you do not mind me using this thread to point out another problem that a couple of us encountered recently regarding the website and shore excursions. Both we and our friends thought that we had successfully reserved a shore excursion prior to our recent cruise. However once on board we found that we had no reservations. We are both fairly savvy users of the Internet, but apparently both of us missed a step that required that we provide credit card information in order to secure the reservation. I never noticed any such prompt or requirement when using the website. Has anyone else encountered such a problem?

I hope that you do not mind me using this thread to point out another problem that a couple of us encountered recently regarding the website and shore excursions. Both we and our friends thought that we had successfully reserved a shore excursion prior to our recent cruise. However once on board we found that we had no reservations. We are both fairly savvy users of the Internet, but apparently both of us missed a step that required that we provide credit card information in order to secure the reservation. I never noticed any such prompt or requirement when using the website. Has anyone else encountered such a problem?

I won't dispute your Internet skills, but where you seem to have gone wrong is in not realizing that Oceania requires payment at the time of reservation for Shore Excursions.

When one selects a Shore Excursion on the Oceania Site, it is in effect, being placed into a Shopping Cart. which is clearly indicated:

175156.jpg

As with any other Online Store, items in that Cart are not considered SOLD until the client inputs payment information and agrees to accept the terms and conditions of the transaction.

182106.jpg

Archived