Ship time vs. Cayman time ?

newzandile

Just had a tour operator tell me that I could make a 10:30 tour start time even though our ship (Carnival Liberty) is set to arrive at 10:00 and we don't have priority tendering because the ship is an hour ahead so that we wouldn't have to meet them until 11:30 ship time. Is that right? I'm confuzzled. :confused:

Thanks!!! We'll be there April 11 btw, if that makes a difference.

Just had a tour operator tell me that I could make a 10:30 tour start time even though our ship (Carnival Liberty) is set to arrive at 10:00 and we don't have priority tendering because the ship is an hour ahead so that we wouldn't have to meet them until 11:30 ship time. Is that right? I'm confuzzled. :confused:

We always have docked local time . The tour operator probably is wrong .

Not necessarily. Different ships operate differently. Some stay on departure port time for the entire cruise, some switch to local time for each port. They will tell you on board which system they're following.

Cayman stays on Eastern Standard Time all year round, so during Daylight Savings (summer) they are an hour behind Miami time.

If the Liberty is departing from Miami "ship time"and local time will be the same. Last week we were there and we were off the ship quickly and in the in port area by 10:15. We had time to shop a little before meeting our driver at 11.

If the Liberty is departing from Miami "ship time"and local time will be the same. Last week we were there and we were off the ship quickly and in the in port area by 10:15. We had time to shop a little before meeting our driver at 11.

That's only true in the winter, unfortunately. Daylight Savings starts March 10, so on April 11 when the OP is there Cayman time will be one hour behind Miami time.

Archived