All-Inclusive Beach?

lharry

Is there an all inclusive beach in Nassau? I'm specifically looking for a family all-inclusive. We will have 1 15 year old with us - but the others are adults.

We've been to one in Cozumel, and had a blast. With the beach, the pool, the food and drinks. I hope there is something comparable in Nassau.

If not, our other option is the Hilton, which I understand will give us a $30 or $40 food/drink credit for the $70 price for the day pass. Any thoughts on this too?

Linda

Is there an all inclusive beach in Nassau? I'm specifically looking for a family all-inclusive. We will have 1 15 year old with us - but the others are adults.

We've been to one in Cozumel, and had a blast. With the beach, the pool, the food and drinks. I hope there is something comparable in Nassau.

If not, our other option is the Hilton, which I understand will give us a $30 or $40 food/drink credit for the $70 price for the day pass. Any thoughts on this too?

Linda

Your 15 year old will likely be bored at the hilton.. it's quiet and relaxing.

Breezes allow 14 and older, might be a good match.. They are all inclusive. I think the pass is $65pp.

Thank you for your reply! Do you have any idea how I would go about purchasing a day pass for Breezes? And how far it is from the Port?

Purchase same day only.. at the front desk. Breezes is about 4 miles from downtown. The #10 jitney bus will take you there in less than 15 minutes.. It's $1.25 pp.

• 2 weeks later...
No, RIU is on Paradise Island and the buses don't go there. But you can take a taxi for $4 a person.

CruisinCrow thanks for the quick response. One more question to you and ScubaGirrl, which one out of Breezes and RIU? No kids just adults.

I've been to Nassau and IF you dont plan an excursion, I dont think the port has a lot to offer. What I found in my online research so far (sailing there in May)....Atlantis- you can take a water taxi or regular taxi...parts of Atlantis are free to see and visit. You can pay to use beach and some times of the year- pay and use the beach and pools/slides. Our cruise in May offers use of pools/beach at $69/pp at Atlantis. We are leaning towards going to Cable beach on the bus for $1.25/pp each way. We are going to the Sheraton (Radisson is next store...looks ok too) for $30/pp- getting a day pass which will give us use of pool/beach. I looked at the pics from Trip Advisor and it looks awesome. I looked at the Hilton too. They emailed me and said they charge $65/pp for use of pool/beach with credit of $40 to use towards drinks and food. Online reviews of Hilton were not great, seemed a little stuffy and beach seems small, although it is close to port. Did not see much online about the RIU use for the day. As a side note, I did see some chatter on CC about people booking a room at a hotel that offers full use of Atlantis purely to get the cost down of their day trip to Atlantis when they had a family. I think the hotel mentioned might be the Comfort Suites. Hope that helps.

CruisinCrow thanks for the quick response. One more question to you and ScubaGirrl, which one out of Breezes and RIU? No kids just adults.

I haven't been to Breezes yet so I can't really give you a personal opinion. But I think it depends on what you're interested in doing. Breezes will have more activities - RIU is mostly just a hotel with a pool.

If you book RIU in advance, it's only $10 more than Breezes. If you wait and buy the day pass at RIU, the price jumps up to $100 a person. We were actually planning on going to Breezes our last trip but ended up going to RIU because we thought $10 more was worth it. But we still hope to get to Breezes one of these days.

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't been to Breezes yet so I can't really give you a personal opinion. But I think it depends on what you're interested in doing. Breezes will have more activities - RIU is mostly just a hotel with a pool.

If you book RIU in advance, it's only $10 more than Breezes. If you wait and buy the day pass at RIU, the price jumps up to $100 a person. We were actually planning on going to Breezes our last trip but ended up going to RIU because we thought $10 more was worth it. But we still hope to get to Breezes one of these days.

Again thanks so much for the quick responses, one more question. We are now looking at either RIU or Sandals, leaning more towards Sandals. I understand that Sandals fee is $110 PP, can you pre-purchase the day pass for Sandals? If so where? Also is there a limit to the number of guest they allow daily? Thanks.

You have to go to Sandals when you get to Nassau to buy your day pass, no pre-pays. You also have to go to see if they have room for you. Normally there are not a lot of cruise people trying to sign up for the day.

Sandals does have a pre paid pass.. I think it's $150pp.

Do a google search.. you'll find it.

Atlantis- you can take a water taxi or regular taxi...parts of Atlantis are free to see and visit. You can pay to use beach and some times of the year- pay and use the beach and pools/slides. Our cruise in May offers use of pools/beach at $69/pp at Atlantis. .

Where did you see those prices? Directly at Atltantis?

Thanks!

Archived