Loved our NCL Cruise but not happy with PCC

Solomon D

OP, IMO where you went wrong was using a PCC employed by NCL in the first place. I've never had a good experience, and NCL continues to "assign" one to me. I like NCL, but I won't deal with their shoreside customer service anymore. To call it service is a mass overstatement in my experience. Good luck finding your next vacation.

I wasn't calling you a liar but was simply disagreeing with your all-inclusive statement that NCL PCC's can't do quotes by email.

Although NCL.com gives the basic fare price for a cabin, where on NCL.com do you then find the amount of fees/tax that will be added to that fare? It's the total price I want, not just the basic fare. I also want the total price quote to include possible discounts. I can't get that on NCL.com so I'm glad my PCC is willing to do that total price quote by email since doing phone calls is often difficult for me.

You can see all of this very easily on NCL.com. When you are looking at pricing and doing a dummy booking (to see cabin numbers available, etc) you simply click on the price shown. It is a hyper-link, and will open up a screen that will show you the breakdown of base fare and taxes, etc. It will also show you if any OBC would be automatically included in the booking as well. It's a very handy little tool. ;)

I think of when I have to purchase an airline ticket. If its on sale, there are no guarantees it will be there in 5 minutes, prices change at any time, and seats disappear. If I had a travel agent, sure, I could call them come Monday morning, but prices/availability could change by then.

Like the prior poster stated, if there is a cabin you want, you can do a mock order and it will show you the prices/costs.

I have a PCC I have worked with for years, our relationship is very good.

Go ahead and book it online. I would not worry if my PCC does not get credit for it, but I got my cabin booked, and at the prices as stated.:)

Thanks for welcoming me to the forum. After reading the thread’s replies it appears that the level of service varies considerably depending on which PCC is assigned to the customer. My disappointment with the PCC is not that he didn’t supply a quote, it’s that he refused to email me about anything at all except for the initial one stating that he was working hard on my package. I told him several times not to call my home, yet he still left messages to call him back. (I’m not a resident of the USA) Even a quick reply stating that it’s against NLC policy to quote prices in that fashion would have been acceptable.

Someone mentioned NCL’s stock had only came on the market recently. That’s true, however my investment interest is with Genting of Malaysia as suggested by Sjbdtz.

I’ve decided to take a different type of vacation on my available time frame because the ship’s accommodation I requested from my non-responding PCC is now unavailable. (Checked online again) If it becomes available for the next time I can take a cruise, I’ll book the cruise and excursions online and look after arranging my own flights, hotel and tours of Rome. This is what I did last November when we took our cruise on the Sun out of Miami where we also combined it with a short driving and hotel tour of south Florida and the Keys before leaving the USA to fly home.

Thanks everyone for your responses.

Sol.

You can see all of this very easily on NCL.com. When you are looking at pricing and doing a dummy booking (to see cabin numbers available, etc) you simply click on the price shown. It is a hyper-link, and will open up a screen that will show you the breakdown of base fare and taxes, etc. It will also show you if any OBC would be automatically included in the booking as well. It's a very handy little tool. ;)

Thank you for explaining I would need to do a mock booking. However, It doesn't show discounted amounts though. For example when my PCC emailed the quote he quoted what that total was and then what it would be with an AARP discount if we booked then, 9 months out. I hadn't known about the AARP discount.

Thank you for explaining I would need to do a mock booking. However, It doesn't show discounted amounts though. For example when my PCC emailed the quote he quoted what that total was and then what it would be with an AARP discount if we booked then, 9 months out. I hadn't known about the AARP discount.

Another easy one! If the AARP discount is available for the specific sailing you are interested in, there will be an icon displayed on the main listing of sail dates. If I remember correctly, the specific icon you would want to look for would be a red box with a white A in it. Since the amount of the AARP discount is predictable, you would be able to do the math rather easily. Also it is important to note that the discount would only apply to the base cruise fare, not the taxes and port fees. Hope that helps some more! ;)

You would think that calculating something like an AARP discount would be simple but I discovered it is not. What would you guess the 5 or 10% discount would apply to? I guessed the basic fare before taxes and fees and was wrong. The listed 10% (at that time) really amounted to about a 5% discount because as my PCC said, "The discount is on the cruise fare MINUS NON-COMM FARE" whatever that is. I could fine nothing on the website that mentioned this condition or explained what a non-comm fare was. The PCC could not explain it either but did give me the final price on the cruise requested...by email.

You would think that calculating something like an AARP discount would be simple but I discovered it is not. What would you guess the 5 or 10% discount would apply to? I guessed the basic fare before taxes and fees and was wrong. The listed 10% (at that time) really amounted to about a 5% discount because as my PCC said, "The discount is on the cruise fare MINUS NON-COMM FARE" whatever that is. I could fine nothing on the website that mentioned this condition or explained what a non-comm fare was. The PCC could not explain it either but did give me the final price on the cruise requested...by email.

I always presumed that the taxes and fees were the non-com (Non-commissionable) portion of the fare. I'm sure one of the TAs who frequent here will be able to clarify. ;)

Another easy one! If the AARP discount is available for the specific sailing you are interested in, there will be an icon displayed on the main listing of sail dates. If I remember correctly, the specific icon you would want to look for would be a red box with a white A in it. Since the amount of the AARP discount is predictable, you would be able to do the math rather easily. Also it is important to note that the discount would only apply to the base cruise fare, not the taxes and port fees. Hope that helps some more! ;)

Actually the AARP discount wasn't that easy. The cruise we booked as one cruise was actually two b2b cruises and the AARP discount was more on ta than on Panama Canal. I'm not sure why. Maybe because only one port on ta. Also some Wave offer gave us an upgrade to a better category. I wouldn't have known about that offer at that time or if bith those offers could be done together.

So, since my PCC will do quotes by email, I'll continue to do that. Then I'll be sure I'm getting the best deal and a more accurate quote than I can get on the NCL.com site.

Archived