I THINK I Just found our cheapest way to Galveston....

H3one6B

We will be on the Triumph in March and I have been frantically looking for the cheapest way to get to the port and it looks like we can rent a car at IAH and keep it for a week for $188. I believe there are a few hotels that offer free parking, any thoughts on this plan?

That looks like a fantastic rate.

I have another cheap way to/from port that I'd be interested in if anyone has experienced it. Houston Hobby Country Inn & Suites is offering a nights stay and transportation to and from the cruise port for $179 (prior to taxes). They offer a free shuttle to and from the airport. Combined with a nights stay, that makes it about $100 RT for transportation to the pier. Can't beat that, right? The only thing is that I was going to book the night at the hotel on points and our return flight is super late. I suppose I could book a day room at the hotel if needed.

Thoughts?

That looks like a fantastic rate.

I have another cheap way to/from port that I'd be interested in if anyone has experienced it. Houston Hobby Country Inn & Suites is offering a nights stay and transportation to and from the cruise port for $179 (prior to taxes). They offer a free shuttle to and from the airport. Combined with a nights stay, that makes it about $100 RT for transportation to the pier. Can't beat that, right? The only thing is that I was going to book the night at the hotel on points and our return flight is super late. I suppose I could book a day room at the hotel if needed.

Thoughts?

Does the deal apply with similar transfers to sister Galveston Country Inn & Suites airport and ship transfers also?

Does the deal apply with similar transfers to sister Galveston Country Inn & Suites airport and ship transfers also?

You'd have to call them on that. They also offer free parking at this one, but I'd just go straight to the one in Galveston if you wanted parking.

Archived