New to NCL Dawn-need cabin selection help

LizzieTrowbridge

I will be sailing on the Dawn this summer to Bermuda and this is my first time on NCL so I am not familiar with the cabin types. I currently have a Balcony guarantee booked because the price was good, but I realize it will likely be an in-hull balcony based on what I have read. Thinking of upgrading to a regular balcony or even a mini suite. So my question is: is a mini suite that much better than a balcony? Is it worth the extra $? What does a mini suite offer that a regular balcony doesn't have. Just wondering what folks have to say. Thanks!

The mini suite vs regular balcony:

it has a slightly larger cabin, with a curtain that pulls across between the bed and the couch. The bathroom has a tub/shower combo vs a walk in shower.

The couch is a bit bigger.

Typically, the mini suites are below the deck that has the buffet, pool deck, etc, and these can create noise in the morning from the crew setting up. So...location is important.

A balcony guarantee can get you any unsold balcony, not only the hull balconies.

Only you can decide if the extra cost is worth it for a mini suite...but I would think that the extra cost for a balcony of your choice would be a better idea than the guarantee.

Thanks for the advice. Sounds like a mini suite is not worth it to me if the differences are pretty minimal.

We just sailed on the Dawn on the 6th and had a mini suite!! To me when you are dealing with a very small sq ft to start, any extra is a major plus!!!! I think the mini upgrade is totally worth it (FYI, we were in 11056 and never heard a peep from upstairs)!!! :)

We just sailed on the Dawn on the 6th and had a mini suite!! To me when you are dealing with a very small sq ft to start, any extra is a major plus!!!! I think the mini upgrade is totally worth it (FYI, we were in 11056 and never heard a peep from upstairs)!!! :)

Do you know the square footage of a mini suite?

Stay with what you have.

Watch for a price drop , when you see one call your PCC for an up-grade . :)

We just booked our first NCL on the Dawn. When booking with our PCC she said that there is a really good chance that we can upgrade to a balcony for the same as what we paid. Sure hope so.

We just booked our first NCL on the Dawn. When booking with our PCC she said that there is a really good chance that we can upgrade to a balcony for the same as what we paid. Sure hope so.

We were able to do this on the Pearl...had a regular balcony booked and then upgraded to the mini-suite for no extra money once the price dropped. I was afraid we wouldn't be able to do this when I saw the drop because we had booked last minute (less than 90 days), but they did it without any problem at all- we just inquired.

For the Dawn, we have a Deluxe Balcony booked (which is a non-cat guarantee). Anybody know what that actually is?

I am booked on the Dawn mid May to Burmuda. I just received noticed that the balconies are sold out. I am not sure what happens to guarantees when your choice of Staterooms is sold out. I just thought I'd let you know especially since summer sailings usually are fuller.

I am booked on the Dawn mid May to Burmuda. I just received noticed that the balconies are sold out. I am not sure what happens to guarantees when your choice of Staterooms is sold out. I just thought I'd let you know especially since summer sailings usually are fuller.

Thanks for mentioning this DeWSkog, but I believe that a Balcony guarantee is a guarantee that you will get a balcony stateroom or better. I have never booked a guarantee on any ship, always choose my cabin, so this is new to me.

Thanks for mentioning this DeWSkog, but I believe that a Balcony guarantee is a guarantee that you will get a balcony stateroom or better. I have never booked a guarantee on any ship, always choose my cabin, so this is new to me.

We almost always book grt 's and do well.:)

There really aren't any bad balcony cabins on the Dawn except for the two Haunted ones

I have a balcony on the 10th floor booked for June. I have been told this Boston to Bermuda cruise is very popular and sells out fast. When are you going in June. we are on the June 28th cruise. Our first NCL cruise too!

Archived