Recommendations for a Mommy Getaway trip

dixielandings

Hey there - I've been on 5 cruises in the last 5 years (DH and I got HOOKED), all with either DH alone, or DH, my folks, and our toddler.

Now, 3 girlfriends and I are looking to have a quick girls' trip sometime this summer. Are there any cruise ideas for 4 mature women (we are all, 40ish, give or take) who just want to hang in the sun, gab, and relax? We are all on a budget for both time and money!

Thanks for your input!

Don't forget Carnival's Fantasy out of Charleston, SC. We have met people on her from TN and you could drive there as they have. They do 5 day cruises to Nassau & Freeport and maybe one 7 day a month. By today's standard it is a smaller ship, 2100 passengers. We LOVE that ship, her captain, cruise director, Risa, and all the ship's crew!

How about the Enchantment 4 night out of Port Canaveral? Beautiful ship with two ports, Nassau and Coco Cay, and one sea day. Piano bar or disco at night.:)

DW, you forgot to tell Shelly that you did your first girlfriends cruise on this itinerary (but an older ship) 2 months ago and that Coco Cay is Royal Caribbean's private island, like Disney's Castaway Cay, Carnival's Half Moon Cay, and Norwegian's Great Stirrup Cay. A sea day and a private island on a 4-night cruise is great for relaxing.

Carnival, Disney and Royal Caribbean all have ships that alternate 3 and 4 night each week year-round out of Port Canaveral. The RCCL 4-night is Monday-Friday and the other two are Sunday-Thursday.

Shelly, Leigh and I are taking the Enchantment of the Seas 4-night Bahamas cruise on July 1 with her family (11 of us in 5 cabins).

Archived