Destiny-Monday 1/21

New2cruising2011

From John Heald's facebook:

here is the official e mail guests will be receiving regarding the Carnival Destiny.

Urgent Notice

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

CARNIVAL DESTINY

JANUARY 21, 2013

January 20, 2013

Hi there,

Betcha can't wait for your cruise tomorrow, which is why we want to provide you with some important information regarding our itinerary plans.

I'm very sorry to inform you that at the start of our current cruise, we experienced a technical problem with one of our stern thrusters, which are the side propellers that help the ship move sideways. Don't worry, this does not compromise the ship's safety in any way and all other systems and hotel services are functioning normally.

However, due to this issue we will have to replace our visits to Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay with calls to Key West and Freeport. Regrettably, neither Grand Turk nor Half Moon Cay have the tug boats needed to assist the ship. Below is our revised itinerary:

DAY PORT ARRIVE DEPART

MON. Miami, FL --- 4:00 PM

TUE. Fun Day @ Sea --- ---

WED. Key West, FL 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

THU. Freeport, The Bahamas 9:00 AM 5:00 PM

FRI. Nassau, The Bahamas 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

SAT. Miami, FL 8:00 AM ---

You're going to love the Conch Republic. Key West is a festive island of colorful bars and equally colorful characters in what may as well be the tropics. America's southernmost tip is a non-stop delight. Visit Hemingway's house where you'll find his original manuscripts and many of his famed six-toed cats. And while you're on the island, be sure to sample its culinary treasures, such as conch salad and world-famous Key Lime pie.

And then it's on to Freeport where white-sand beaches and warm, crystal-clear waters await you. Whether you spend the day shopping for duty-free gifts and mementos, taking a carriage ride past sorbet-colored buildings, or touring in a glass-bottom boat, you'll be sure to leave with lots of beautiful memories.

For information on FUN tours in Key West and Freeport, once onboard, please visit the Shore Excursion Desk located on Lobby, deck 3 forward.

We sincerely apologize for this sudden change in plans. All guests who sail will receive a $50 per person credit on your onboard Sail & Sign Account. Pre-purchased shore excursions for Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay will also be automatically refunded to your Sail & Sign account

Should you wish to cancel, (and we hope you don't), please call 1800 CARNIVAL and we will provide you with a full refund of your cruise fare (posted to the original form of payment within 2 weeks).

Thank you for your understanding. Once again, we're very sorry for this change and truly regret the disruption to your vacation plans.

More importantly, we can't wait to welcome you aboard the beautiful Carnival Destiny for a fun and memorable cruise!

See you soon!

Sincerely,

From John Heald's facebook:

here is the official e mail guests will be receiving regarding the Carnival Destiny.

Urgent Notice

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

CARNIVAL DESTINY

JANUARY 21, 2013

January 20, 2013

Hi there,

Betcha can't wait for your cruise tomorrow, which is why we want to provide you with some important information regarding our itinerary plans.

I'm very sorry to inform you that at the start of our current cruise, we experienced a technical problem with one of our stern thrusters, which are the side propellers that help the ship move sideways. Don't worry, this does not compromise the ship's safety in any way and all other systems and hotel services are functioning normally.

However, due to this issue we will have to replace our visits to Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay with calls to Key West and Freeport. Regrettably, neither Grand Turk nor Half Moon Cay have the tug boats needed to assist the ship. Below is our revised itinerary:

DAY PORT ARRIVE DEPART

MON. Miami, FL --- 4:00 PM

TUE. Fun Day @ Sea --- ---

WED. Key West, FL 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

THU. Freeport, The Bahamas 9:00 AM 5:00 PM

FRI. Nassau, The Bahamas 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

SAT. Miami, FL 8:00 AM ---

any info regarding the Destiny cruise starting on Jan 26th ?? I picked this cruise for the ports of call..ohco rios and cayman islands

Carnival's communication style really turns me off. I mean, who starts a communication about a significant modification to a cruise itinerary with the word Betcha? Really?

well our letter for the Breeze started exactly the same so clearly it is a form lettter, but at least for us it wasn't followed by disappointment. Unfortunately, if I was on the Destiny cruise tomorrow and found out I would be losing HMC and G.Turk I would not consider a letter regarding it's cancellation and starting with Betcha you are excited....as pleasurable.

Kind of ridiculous to be honest.

well our letter for the Breeze started exactly the same so clearly it is a form lettter, but at least for us it wasn't followed by disappointment. Unfortunately, if I was on the Destiny cruise tomorrow and found out I would be losing HMC and G.Turk I would not consider a letter regarding it's cancellation and starting with Betcha you are excited....as pleasurable.

Kind of ridiculous to be honest.

I swear someone there thinks it's a good idea to portray themselves as our friend, with this jibberish and on a first name basis.

Unfortunatley, it involves a contract very heavily weighted in their favor.

Cancelling the cruise would be wonderful option, if Carnival was to pay us back back for our pre-booked flight and hotel. $50 each is nothing, the experience of the private island is the reason I and most of the other passengers booked this cruise. Having planned an extra day in Florida to go to Key West and pre-booking a hotel really sucks now.

I swear someone there thinks it's a good idea to portray themselves as our friend, with this jibberish and on a first name basis.

Unfortunatley, it involves a contract very heavily weighted in their favor.

Betcha most people don't read the contract and don't know just HOW heavily weighted in favor of the cruise line it is!

So bummed. We are on this cruise and booked for Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk. Never been to either and we had a cabana booked at HMC. I am just sick. We've been to Key West 3 times and never had any desire to go to Freeport. We're in the Keys right now and have already spent 3 days here. Ugh. We're still going to go on the cruise and make the best of it. But we are very sad about the port change as it's not the annual vacation we had planned.

I'm sorry to those affected. This ship has been problemed for years. We went on her in 2009 and right before our cruise there was the same issue. Why hasn't carnival fixed it! We r sailing on the glory in 2 weeks and our Belize port was canceled due to port congestion, one of the reasons why I booked this cruise. We r going to costa maya but I heard it's nice there too. Oh well. Carnival needs to get theirnact together with communication...there is competion which I'm sailing in December after being a loyal ccl cruiser for years...

Archived