Casual Dinners

benezet

Hello! I'm a first time poster and first time to Silversea! I'm going with my extended family on a cruise on the Wind in March. We'll have older teens with us, and if I understand correctly, you cannot wear jeans on casual nights. Is this correct? (And by jeans, I don't mean ones with holes, "distressed" look but jeans in good condition).

Thanks.

Perhaps unwittingly, you have hit upon a hot button issue. Jeans regardless of condition are not "slacks".

From the Silversea website:

Casual resort wear is appropriate for daytime aboard ship or ashore, and consists of standard sports outfits as worn at resorts. Shoes should be flat or low-heeled for deck activities.

Evening attire falls into three categories: casual, informal and formal.

On casual evenings, open-neck shirts, slacks and sports outfits are appropriate.

On informal evenings, women usually wear dresses or trouser suits; gentlemen wear jackets (tie optional).

Appropriate formal evening wear for women is an evening gown or cocktail dress; men wear tuxedos, dinner jackets or dark suits.

On formal nights, guests dining in La Terrazza may opt to wear casually elegant attire (dresses or trouser suits for women; jacket, tie optional for men).

Following dinner, all guests are free to take advantage of any or all of the public spaces for both entertainment or cocktails and after-dinner drinks.

Yes, Benezet. Men often wear khakis, shirt (no tie) and jacket on Informal nights. As Ededmd thoughtfully transcribed, above, that's Silversea's basic standard for those nights and if you follow their guidelines you'll be just fine. Not to worry.

I hope you all have a wonderful time. Please take a few moments when you return to post a review in the CC Member Reviews section!

Hello! I'm a first time poster and first time to Silversea! I'm going with my extended family on a cruise on the Wind in March. We'll have older teens with us, and if I understand correctly, you cannot wear jeans on casual nights. Is this correct? (And by jeans, I don't mean ones with holes, "distressed" look but jeans in good condition).

Thanks.

You will not have any problems wearing good condition jeans on a casual night.

Archived