Dawn Garden Villa review 1/6/13

ksimpso3

Thanks. I wish everyone could experience the villa. It is awesome and we are very lucky to have had a chance to stay in it. The first time we saw it in 2005, I never thought we would be able to afford it. It really is an option if you break it up among 2 or 3 couples and get it on an "off" time of year. I don't know how we will cruise in any other room from now on though;)

I loved your review and pictures! But I don't understand this comment. Aren't the rates always based on "per person", not "per suite"?:confused:?

I loved your review and pictures! But I don't understand this comment. Aren't the rates always based on "per person", not "per suite"?:confused:?

The way it works for the Garden Villa is the same as any other suite. The first two pay the higher rate then the rest are less usually around $400-$500 each. If you are able to snag the Garden Villa at a low rate (I've seen $5000 on really slow selling sailings in the past) it would cost $5000 x 2 = $10,000.00 plus 4 x $500 = $2,000.00 = total $12,000.00. Divide that by 6 people and it's $2,000.00each which is very reasonable, considering what you are getting.

Edited by SuiteCruiser

The way it works for the Garden Villa is the same as any other suite. The first two pay the higher rate then the rest are less usually around $400-$500 each. If you are able to snag the Garden Villa at a low rate (I've seen $5000 on really slow selling sailings in the past) it would cost $5000 x 2 = $10,000.00 plus 4 x $500 = $2,000.00 = total $12,000.00. Divide that by 6 people and it's $2,000.00each which is very reasonable, considering what you are getting.

That is exactly what it cost us. It was well worth it with all the perks we received.

"Real Estate", indeed! I was looking at the Breakaway's deck plan, and see that even if you booked a Haven Deluxe Owne's Suite with Large Balcony, along with the connecting Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony...the combined square footage would still be less than a quarter of that of the Dawn's Garden Villa's.

The GV's are by far the largest suites at sea. Twice that even of the Duplex Suites on the QM2. And as was pointed out, the two GV's do have a slight variation--one a wet bar, the other a galley, so they would complement each other if someone booked both of them together.

Now that's what I would call 'real estate'.;):D

Does the wall open between all the GV's? I know it does on the Star but can't remember on the Jewel. We have both of them on the Gem in October.

• 7 months later...

I stumbled upon your review again! At first I didn't realize I read it before! Then I recogonized you guys! Lol at times, it was as if I was reading it for the first time. We have 2 daughters 18 months apart and I hope we get to do this with them one day. We are booked in an Aft-penthouse Haven Suite on Breakaway in October. It will be their first cruise (9&7 at sailing) and our first in 10 years! Spoiling them with the suite life for their first cruise! What were we thinking!? :eek:

I stumbled upon your review again! At first I didn't realize I read it before! Then I recogonized you guys! Lol at times, it was as if I was reading it for the first time. We have 2 daughters 18 months apart and I hope we get to do this with them one day. We are booked in an Aft-penthouse Haven Suite on Breakaway in October. It will be their first cruise (9&7 at sailing) and our first in 10 years! Spoiling them with the suite life for their first cruise! What were we thinking!? :eek:

I think they will love the aft penthouse! My girls were 16 & 17 on their first cruise.(we had a very bad experience on Carnival and had sworn off cruising again....not sure how I found ncl but glad I did!) The GV was our first suite and it has certainly spoiled us!i booked a 2BR aft family suite on POA, and currently have a haven spa suite booked for May. It will be our first time in the haven! So excited!!:

Sure!! I am trying to plan for a trip next May in garden villa and my older daughter said "I'm not gonna go". So...her spot is open;)

If you need a 40 something year old son just let me know....

That's funny grtwithntr! I was just getting ready to write almost the same thing but substitute 40 something daughter :D.

ksimpso3: I play well with others, don't snore and am easy to entertain :p.

Gina

That's funny grtwithntr! I was just getting ready to write almost the same thing but substitute 40 something daughter :D.

ksimpso3: I play well with others, don't snore and am easy to entertain :p.

Gina

I'll keep you in mind ;)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Forums mobile app

I think they will love the aft penthouse! My girls were 16 & 17 on their first cruise.(we had a very bad experience on Carnival and had sworn off cruising again....not sure how I found ncl but glad I did!) The GV was our first suite and it has certainly spoiled us!i booked a 2BR aft family suite on POA, and currently have a haven spa suite booked for May. It will be our first time in the haven! So excited!!:

Can't wait to read your review of your haven experience! Please take lots of pictures!!! So no daughters this time around?

Can't wait to read your review of your haven experience! Please take lots of pictures!!! So no daughters this time around?

No girls this time. My younger one has finals that week and will be graduating the week after (finally:p...college ain't cheap ;)!) My older daughter is in a wedding the day we leave. I should have moved cruise to following week but my mom turns 70 during the cruise so that's why we picked that week. We are bringing my brother with us :eek:!! We'll see how that goes :-)...he may be thrown off at first port ;). I will post tons of pictures when I return (full pictures, not links ;)...now that I have it figured out again.) I am so excited to give the haven a try.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Forums mobile app

Edited by ksimpso3