Island Princess - aft

vancouvergirl2010

I have booked cabin E737 for our next cruise. I was concerned about noise from the Universal Lounge below, as I am sensitive to bass sounds. However, looking at the deck plans, I am thinking that this cabin may be located over the promenade deck outdoor area? What do others think or know?

We've been as far aft as E710, and had cabins in that area many times (love the aft Emerald veranda cabins.) I can remember one night where we heard very faint bass from the Universe, only for 30 minutes or so on "sock hop night." Never been a problem for us. From what I remember, there are crew-only/emergency stairwells at the aft corners of Promenade, so you might be over one of those in 737. In any event, in our experience the lounge hasn't been used that much and noise hasn't been a concern.

Cheers,

Kirsten

Relax!! We have sailed a few times in that room and haven't had any problems with the noise from the lounge below. The bandstand is nearer the port side and E737 is starboard. If you want to be super confident then just bring along a very small fan for some "white noise".

:)

We were in E704 and never heard anything either (port side). Loved the location. Just down from the library and gameroom. And a the top of the atrium area. Would book that location again.

I just realized the top of the atrium is on that level. We are usually on Baja. Looking forward to a new location!

Archived