Gerogetown, Grand Cayman - Beach & Internet Q

luv2travel13

I am going on my first cruise this weekend - traveling completely alone. In trying to save money I want to find an internet cafe or free WiFi for my smartphone in port. That way I can send a quick email back home to let family know I am safe/healthy/did not fall overboard. (hahaha - my mother is a worrier)

Does anyone know of an internet cafe with computers or a restaurant with free WiFi?

Is there anywhere I can get to safely by walking once I get off of the ship? Maybe a place by the beach? I am not doing a ship excursion - so I was wanting to shop, get lunch, and read on the beach. I am so clueless! LOL I have no idea what I am doing :)

Walking in downtown George Town is quite safe. No more worries than you might have in any city stateside.

Burger King (North Church St), Wendy's (Seven Mile Beach), and the public library (Edward St in George Town) all have free wifi. I think you need to go into the library to get the password, but that is free. I am sure there are plenty of other places offering a free signal.

IIRC there is a computer store with a few internet terminals in the rear of the Thompson building (Main St). The back of the building where the computer store is is more easily accessed off Dr Roy's drive.

If you take a taxi to Royal Palms, one of the beach clubs that caters to cruise visitors, Wendy's is just across the street and over a little. Easy walk from the beach. See the vast number of "beach" threads for more info on Royal Palms, or check out http://royalpalmscayman.com/

I've spent multiple weeks alone on Cayman and never been concerned, at least not in the tourist and other main areas.

Surfside Beach Bar is new and on 7 mile beach. You can take the taxi/bus right from the port. They advertise free WiFi. I have never been there but considering going there instead of to Royal Palms this trip. They have a facebook page if you want to check them out.

Archived