Marina deck 12 Vista Suite

cruising diva

I am looking at deck plans and see that on deck 12 Vista Suites on Marina there is a spa above you. Has anyone heard motor noises from these spas in your suite? I like quiet and don't want to hear pool pumps/motors. Thank you in advance.

113136.jpg

Those Deck 12 Oceania Suites are as quiet as can be, in fact that entire area of the ship is VERY QUIET. If you check those deck plans more closely, you will see that the Spa pools are actually over the Vista Suites.

094702.jpg

113250.jpg

-although it should be noted that no Spa noises may be heard in those either-

Marina is a remarkably well constructed and insulated ship.

183453.jpg

Thank you. I figured that the Oceania Suites were quiet. My concern was for the Vista Suite on deck 12 that we are looking to book which is right below the spa on deck 14.I was hoping that someone who has stayed in a VS on deck 12 might be aware of any noise issue.

Thank you. I figured that the Oceania Suites were quiet. My concern was for the Vista Suite on deck 12 that we are looking to book which is right below the spa on deck 14.I was hoping that someone who has stayed in a VS on deck 12 might be aware of any noise issue.

Spa noises no, but you will hear and feel the vibration of the Bow Thrusters being used.

004839.jpg

They only use the Thrusters for fifteen or twenty minutes at a time as the ship is being maneuvered into or out of a port, but arrivals usually happen VERY early in the morning.

we were in a Vista Suite on 12 - 12001 - and heard absolutely no noise from above at any time of day or night

we were in a Vista Suite on 12 - 12001 - and heard absolutely no noise from above at any time of day or night

I have booked the same VS on Marina later this year and looking forward to the quiet location. One very obvious question though, as it is only just above the bridge, do you have to block all light to the balcony after dark? Many thanks. PSC

We did when we were in the Deck 10 Vista on Marina a year ago so I would assume so. The light from above (I'm guessing) may well be less crucial than the light from below, however ... especially if the suite is set back from the front of the bridge.

Mura

I have booked the same VS on Marina later this year and looking forward to the quiet location. One very obvious question though, as it is only just above the bridge, do you have to block all light to the balcony after dark? Many thanks. PSC

The answer is yes. The blackout drapes must be drawn and the outside lights turned off.

One night, we didn't do a good job with the above and someone from the bridge came down and asked if we could close the drapes all the way...and we/they did.

I do confess that a few times, while up in the middle of the night, I peeked outside :) No knock on the door resulted :)

LOL. In our case it was a phone call! We were asked to turn off the deck lights and so we searched and searched trying to find a light switch that controlled them. When we failed, we decided it must be that the curtains were not completely closed.

That appeared to do the trick.

Mura

We were in 10001 and didn't notice that, but the reason could be that we weren't on the veranda all that much. We had a very port intensive itinerary which meant that except for one sea day the only time we'd have gone out there would be at night ... so we pretty much didn't.

Plus being a late October cruise, it could be cool.

Mura

Archived