Wonderful Copenhagen

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Danish Viking :D. We followed your advise on the old thread for our first Baltic cruise in 2010 and we will be in Copenhagen again this July. Thank you for all you do.

<<<Karen>>>

More important, all the busses and public buildings have raised the beautiful danish flag because of my birthday and also Danmarks Befrielsesdag, the day we celebrate that the English forces rescued us from the **** regime.

Officially they rescued us on the evening of the 4rd of May so we celebrate it on the fifth instead.

Big news.

All of you that are planning to use the 26 to the Freeport or walk to Nordhavn there are some important information after 13th of may.

The main gate to the Freeport near the Kalkbrænderihavnsgade bus stop will close because og a new city development and metro construction (yet again)

Hi Danish Viking -

You say the main gate to Freeport will close due to construction after May 13. Does that impact those of us who are going to be driving to the port and leaving our vehicle there? Or does this just affect walkers/bus riders? Any alternative that you know of for drivers, if needed?

Hi Danish Viking -

You say the main gate to Freeport will close due to construction after May 13. Does that impact those of us who are going to be driving to the port and leaving our vehicle there? Or does this just affect walkers/bus riders? Any alternative that you know of for drivers, if needed?

Yes you will need to use the new gate located at or near Stubbeløbsgade.

It might be a bit late Danish viking, but thank you and Happy Birthday :)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlU45hTgaP_-PFGEAb6FYyCN6fhg-YCKXHEW9kti5vuXn07X2v..

Thaaaaank you

There it is, in my humble opinion the most beautiful flag in the world.

No flimsy or smart design (sorry) just a simple cross symbolising Christianity.

Not that I'm overly religious but its nice that our flag also shows our history.

Edited by Danish viking

Danish viking:

Our ship MSC Poesia will be docking at C245 on Sunday according to the site, (not sure exactly where on the map). I am not sure if the new construction/entrance will effect us as we are planning to arrive by train from the airport to Nordhavn stn, then walk to the ship, or would you suggest to take a taxi from Nordhavn station to the cruise port since we will have some luggages. Is the walk easy? Are there any stairs/steps from the Nordhavn station to the cruise port? There will be 4 of us and we can walk.

We also plan to do the same when we disembark and return to the airport.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by PC168

No its first from the 13th of May so you are in port a day before it takes place.

There is an elevator from the platform to street level.

There is both an 7-Eleven and Aldi Supermarked where you can get supply's

From there you just walk right.

When you reach the first underpass under the railway you use that tunnel.

On the other site of the tunnel there is a big street.

Just pass that intersection and there is a small gate in the fence that you have to use.

Very simple.

I don't think that a taxi will take that short trip but take it from Østerport instead and you will have a better luck finding a driver that will take the trip.

No its first from the 13th of May so you are in port a day before it takes place.

There is an elevator from the platform to street level.

There is both an 7-Eleven and Aldi Supermarked where you can get supply's

From there you just walk right.

When you reach the first underpass under the railway you use that tunnel.

On the other site of the tunnel there is a big street.

Just pass that intersection and there is a small gate in the fence that you have to use.

Very simple.

I don't think that a taxi will take that short trip but take it from Østerport instead and you will have a better luck finding a driver that will take the trip.

No. Our cruise won't take place not until Aug. 04 for a week, then take the second cruise on Aug. 11 and return on Aug. 18.

Thank you.

Hi Danish,

We'll be taking a taxi to the cruise port from the Hotel Bethel and can you please sum it up in one sentence where should I tell the the cab driver to drop us off for the Emeral Princess?

Thanks!!

Edited by cruise_alot123

Danish viking:

Our ship MSC Poesia will be docking at C245 on Sunday according to the site, (not sure exactly where on the map). I am not sure if the new construction/entrance will effect us as we are planning to arrive by train from the airport to Nordhavn stn, then walk to the ship, or would you suggest to take a taxi from Nordhavn station to the cruise port since we will have some luggages. Is the walk easy? Are there any stairs/steps from the Nordhavn station to the cruise port? There will be 4 of us and we can walk.

We also plan to do the same when we disembark and return to the airport.

Thanks in advance.

Try Google Maps, if you input Copenhagen in the search box and then satellite you will get a good view of the town. Use the street view function and you can view all the streets to the dock from Nordhavn. It looks like a real easy walk with nice side walks. A block in you will notice a blue line painted on the side walk that if you follow will take you right to the dock. No steps or stairs.

Hi Danish,

How do I get here from the Hotel Bethel, Nyhavn, Copenhagen, Denmark

Copenhagen Freeport

"Frihaven", Flexpladsen

Berth #245

Copenhagen, Denmark

by train or metro?

Thanks.

Both :D

You will have to take the Metro from Kongens Nytorv towards Vanløse and get off at Vesterport.

From here you take any northbound S-train (towards Farum, Holte, Hillerød and Klampenborg) and get off at Nordhavn here you use the before mentioned walking trip.

Here it is on a map.

http://map.krak.dk/m/n2OgS

If you are in Copenhagen on a regular weekday (Monday to Friday) you can use bus 26 from Kongens Nytorv towards Færgehavn Nord/UNICEF and get off at Stubbeløbsgade and walk from there.

http://map.krak.dk/m/n2OGf

No. Our cruise won't take place not until Aug. 04 for a week, then take the second cruise on Aug. 11 and return on Aug. 18.

Thank you.

Oh sorry for some reason I mixed up your post with another one.

But my information is still valid :D

Our Celebrity Constellation May 20 cruise arrives in Copenhagen on May 30. I had made a group booking with Netto Badnene back at the end of March for a early afternoon canal cruise from Nyhavn on May 30. They did confirm in writing this booking. Since then the number has almost doubled from our roll call to almost 40. I have made 3 attempts to have the company increase our booking size but have received NO reply from them. The two most recent attempts were this past Sunday night eastern time and again last night. Not sure what to make of this lack of communication. I have checked the website about group bookings and they now only show the Holmens Church pier as the departure point for groups. I get the feeling they were willing to accept what in March was a group of 14 but now are unwilling to accept 40 from Nyhavn. Still would appreciate a much better communication frequency and openness from them about any issues or to confirm our booking.

Hi Danish,

Do we need CPH cards with this plan or should we just do the pay and go?

1) Metro ride from airport to Hotel Bethel

2) Canal tour

3) Walk thur. stroget

4) Visit round tower

5) Evening at Tivilo garden but no rides

Also, how do u pay for bus # 26? By CPH card only or cash?

Thanks.

Edited by cruise_alot123

1) One 3 zone ticket costs 36 DKK

2) One canal tour costs 75 DKK

3) Strøget is free :D

4) Entrance to Rundetaarn costs 25 DKK

5) Entrance to Tivoli is 95 DKK

= 226 DKK

Each single ticket (2 zone) for bus, train and Metro costs 24 DKK in central Copenhagen including the cruise terminals.

The Copenhagen Card costs 299 DKK so you have to use bus 26 (or any other public transportation) 3 times to make full use of the card.

You can also save some money by going on a restaurant, look at this link for places to gives a discount with the CPH Card.

http://www.copenhagencard.com/?ld=0

1) One 3 zone ticket costs 36 DKK

2) One canal tour costs 75 DKK

3) Strøget is free :D

4) Entrance to Rundetaarn costs 25 DKK

5) Entrance to Tivoli is 95 DKK

= 226 DKK

Each single ticket (2 zone) for bus, train and Metro costs 24 DKK in central Copenhagen including the cruise terminals.

The Copenhagen Card costs 299 DKK so you have to use bus 26 (or any other public transportation) 3 times to make full use of the card.

You can also save some money by going on a restaurant, look at this link for places to gives a discount with the CPH Card.

http://www.copenhagencard.com/?ld=0

You the man Danish icon14.gif. Many thanks!!

I just purchased the Copenhagen card and need a bit of help. We will take the train from the airport to the Central Station, our hotel is The Square. I believe I read we look for track 2 at the station, is that correct.

I also need help figuring how to get from our hotel to the Freeport pier, can we get there by bus or train with our luggage?

Hi Danish Viking,

We are staying at the Copenhagen Strand. What would be your recommendations on how to get from the airport to The Strand?

And recommendations for traveling from the Hotel to port? We are going on the Holland Eurodam on May 31st. We are also traveling with our 1 year old (I'm not sure how taxi's work regarding a carseat for the baby).

Thank you!

Edited by DnA151826

We are staying at the hotel Bethel which is only a few blocks from the Strand according to the Hotel Strand map here

http://www.copenhagenstrand.com/the-hotel/location/

If you zoom out the map you will see the metro stop Kongens Nytorv on the upper left and the hotel Bethel on the upper right and that's where we staying from the May 23rd cruise on the Emeral Princess.

Take the metro from the airport "Norreport" to "Kongens Nytorv" and walk about 8 to 10 minutes to your hotel.

Use this link to plot the two stations http://intl.m.dk/#!/

and it costs 36 DKK or $6 USD for one 3 zone ticket.

When you exit the metro follow these directions because it won't allow me to include too many images. Just use these two points in google map and plot your point A is

Kongens Nytorv st (Metro)

and point B is

Copenhagen Strand

After you have plotted

click on print then select street view.

Show: Text only | Map | Street View

transparent.png1.

Head south on Kongens Nytorv/​O2

go 40 m

total 40 m

Turn left toward Holmens Kanal/​O2

go 11 m

total 51 m

turn-r.png3.

Turn right onto Holmens Kanal/​O2

About 2 mins

go 140 m

total 190 m

turn-lg.png4.

Turn left onto Holbergsgade

About 2 mins

go 160 m

total 350 m

turn-r.png5.

Turn right onto Peder Skrams Gade

About 2 mins

go 160 m

total 500 m

turn-lg.png6.

Turn left onto Havnegade Destination will be on the left

go 44 m

total 550 m

marker_greenB.png

Copenhagen Strand

Edited by cruise_alot123

3 questions.

First, where can I find a map that lists the quay numbers. I've search the CMP site and can not seem to find a map of the Freeport Terminal with the quay numbers listed.

Second, what would be the approximate taxi cost from the Marriott to the Quay C245 at Freeport.

Third, can the taxis take a non-chip CC (Swipe and Sign) or is only Chip & Pin?

TIA

Edited by drowelf