Wonderful Copenhagen

Danish Viking, you give so much great information. I was wondering, if you had a friend visiting you in Copenhagen, and were to take them and show them the city in a day, what would you do, where would you take them? Thanks.

Danish Viking, or anyone who might know:

1. To take the S-tog/train, is the Klippekort still used?

2. Are there still the machines at the entrance of the S-tog platforms to klip and stamp the klippekorts?

3. Does each person traveling need a Klippekort, or can you use one and klip an extra stamp for the extra person. For example, klip for each person traveling on the same Klippekort?

4. Which Klippekort to you recommend? Is the yellow one still offered?

5. Are there still 10 klips on a Klippekort

6. How many klips will I need to:

a. Travel from the airport to Copenhagen's Hovedbanegården station.

b. Travel from Vesterport to Gentofte?

c. Travel from Vesterport to Hillerod Hillerød?

d. Travel from Vesterport to Nordhavn?

e. Nordhavn to CPH Airport

Thanks!

Where in Copenhagen do you recommend to go for typical Smørrebrød and Leverpostej Smørrebrød, plus a good variety of the various Smørrebrød. Thanks!

Hi there,

There are quite a few good places, but one of the newer ones, which is also in a good location, in regards to the harbour and city center, is Restaurant M, on St. Kongensgade 56, try their website restaurant-m dot dk, it's not the biggest of places but quite good. Or you could go for the traditional at Schönnemanns on Hauser plads, where you should probably only go if you have a reservation.

best regards,

Henrik

Danish Viking, or anyone who might know:

1. To take the S-tog/train, is the Klippekort still used?

2. Are there still the machines at the entrance of the S-tog platforms to klip and stamp the klippekorts?

3. Does each person traveling need a Klippekort, or can you use one and klip an extra stamp for the extra person. For example, klip for each person traveling on the same Klippekort?

4. Which Klippekort to you recommend? Is the yellow one still offered?

5. Are there still 10 klips on a Klippekort

6. How many klips will I need to:

a. Travel from the airport to Copenhagen's Hovedbanegården station.

b. Travel from Vesterport to Gentofte?

c. Travel from Vesterport to Hillerod Hillerød?

d. Travel from Vesterport to Nordhavn?

e. Nordhavn to CPH Airport

Thanks!

Let's take in from the top:

1. Yes, klippekortet is still in use.

2. The stamp machines are at all stations, and on all buses.

3. Multiple people can use the same klippekort, as long as you have the correct number of zones you are good, so 3 persons could go on the same card, as long as you've stamped the right number of zones.

4. The yellow is still offered, but I would clearly recommend the blue one (2 zones) as it covers most of central Copenhagen.

5. Indeed there is, 10 klip on a card.

6. Airport to Hovedbanegården is 3 zones.

Vesterport to Gentofte is 3 zones (If you don't mind me asking: Why would you go to Gentofte).

Vesterport to Hillerød is 9 zones.

Vesterport to Nordhavn is 2 zones.

Nordhavn to Cph is 3 zones

I hope that covers it, if not feel free to ask...

Henrik

Henrik, thanks so much for your help, very much appreciated.

I may be going to Gentofte because I have a friend who lives there, and I'll be invited to have dinner with his family and other friends. Thought maybe I'd take the S-tog to Gentofte, and walk to his house, or have him pick me up from Gentofte station. How long do the trains operate, say on a Friday night? Wondering how long I can stay before needing to take the S-tog back to Copenhagen.

You say the blue klippekort covers 2 zones, how many does the yellow cover?

Just to clarify, if I am going from Airport to Hovedbanegården, you say that's 3 zones, so if I have the blue card, where one klip is valid for 2 zones, then I would have to klip twice for one person? If for two persons, using one blue klippekort, do I klip 3 times, or 4 times?

What is the cost of a blue Klippekort?

Thank you.

Edited by swdke

Henrik, thanks so much for your help, very much appreciated.

I may be going to Gentofte because I have a friend who lives there, and I'll be invited to have dinner with his family and other friends. Thought maybe I'd take the S-tog to Gentofte, and walk to his house, or have him pick me up from Gentofte station. How long do the trains operate, say on a Friday night? Wondering how long I can stay before needing to take the S-tog back to Copenhagen.

You say the blue klippekort covers 2 zones, how many does the yellow cover?

Just to clarify, if I am going from Airport to Hovedbanegården, you say that's 3 zones, so if I have the blue card, where one klip is valid for 2 zones, then I would have to klip twice for one person? If for two persons, using one blue klippekort, do I klip 3 times, or 4 times?

What is the cost of a blue Klippekort?

Thank you.

Wait a minute, my thread got hijacked :D

So if Henrik don´t mind i will answer this one :p

The yellow 3 klippekort is a 3 zone ticket.

So from the airport you only stamp this card once compared to one stamp and a tillægsbillet (add on ticket???) if you use the blue 2 zone klippekort.

Airport to København H only one stamp.

To Gentofte only one stamp

To Hillerød is 3 stamps

Vesterport to Nordhavn to many zones but else only one stamp.

Nordhavn to the airport, one stamp.

compared to a blue 2 zone klippekort.

Airport to København H only one stamp and a add on ticket

To Gentofte only one stamp and a add on ticket

To Hillerød is 4 stamps and a add on ticket

Vesterport to Nordhavn is only 1 stamp

Nordhavn to the airport, one stamp and a add on ticket.

These 2 examples are for 1 person only, if you are 2 or more persons you can maybe benefit from using both cards.

Just tell me how many persons you are and i can tell you how to use the klippecards in a proper way.

Where would I go with my friends? I do actually like to walk around in the zoo but that is more of a family thing :D

If the weather is nice i do like to sit at Nyhavn and enjoy a beer, or 2, or 3 or 4...

Tivoli also spells good times but if you have been in Tivoli before then I would suggest Bakken instead its the worlds oldest amusement park.

Take the S-train line C towards Klampenborg or Øresundstog towards Nivaa (the train for Helsingør doesn´t stop here) and get off at Klampenborg.

Here you can walk through the deer park or take a horse carriage ride instead.

Other good places for Smørrebrød is

Grøften in Tivoli,

Ida Davidsen

Told og Snaps

Tivoli Hallen

Aamanns på Østerbro

Royal Cafe

Restaurant Kofoed

Schønnemann på Hauser Plads (as noted before)

Restaurant Sank Nikolaj

Do i got it all covered?

I know you say the Klippekort is still available, but I was reading something about a new Rejsekort, is this not being used yet? Article I read seemed to indicate that Klippekorts will no longer be needed.???

Its no longer "needed" but there has been so many problems with the Rejsekort that the Klippekort that should have been expired this summer will first expire next summer instead.

I just don´t understand why they just look at London and their Oystercard because that works with almost no problems at all.

Its no longer "needed" but there has been so many problems with the Rejsekort that the Klippekort that should have been expired this summer will first expire next summer instead.

I just don´t understand why they just look at London and their Oystercard because that works with almost no problems at all.

What's the cost of a Blue Klippekort and a Yellow Klippekort? Thanks.

Edited by swdke

If you look here you can see all prices.

Antal Zoner means number of zones

Billetter Voksne is adult single tickets

You need the 3rd column Klippekort 10 klip, Voksne (clipcard 10 clip, adult.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/Priser/hovedstadsomraadet/prisoversigt/Pages/prisoversigt.aspx

The other prices are City Pass, zone 1, 2 3 and 4 aka Copenhagen, Frederiksberg and the airport (named Lufthavenen on this map)

24 timers billet - 24 hour travel card

And the last one is for Rejsekort.

Here you can see the zone map, the numbers have nothing to do with the number of zones you need, its just the name of the different zones.

You can see the price of your travel by looking at the colour of your end destination.

If you look at Gentofte you can see that its located on the border between 4 zones (30, 31, 40 and 41).

Sometimes the number of zones can be less or more (very wierd but also very hard to explain)

To find the price back to Copenhagen (city) you scroll down to zone map number 30, in this case (and most cases) the price is the same.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/kort/zoneoversigt/Documents/Hovedstadsomraadet/ZonetavlerH2013_web.pdf

Edited by Danish viking

It seems the card will save us money based on the handy calculator on the related website. I'm thinking it'll also be a lot simpler than trying to make sure we buy the correct ticket as we travel around the city over a couple days we're spending there before we board our ship in September.

From what I've read if i purchase the cards before departing we can take a voucher to the service center in terminal 3 of the Copenhagen airport when we arrive and recieve the actual cards.

If we wait to purchase the cards until we arrive is the price the same as it would be if we prepurchase? And can the cards be purchased at the same servie desk in terminal 3?

Thanks,

Chris

Edited by gottagocit

But i can't find the info. Can copenhagen cards be ordered in advance by mail? If so, is there an additional fee associated with that? Thx to whomever supplies the repeat answer. I get more senile by the day... Can't remember jack

But i can't find the info. Can copenhagen cards be ordered in advance by mail? If so, is there an additional fee associated with that? Thx to whomever supplies the repeat answer. I get more senile by the day... Can't remember jack

Yes you can get the card mailed hoime to your adress.

Danish King

What is the fastest route to the RCI cruise port from the airport? I read cab drivers may take the longer route which increases the fare by 50 percent.

Thank you

Yes avoid the motorway and ask the driver to use Amagerbrogade or Englandsvej/amager fælledvej or Amager Strandvej.

The motorway is a good 4 kilometres longer 13,4/13,6 kilometres compared to 17,4 kilometres.

Danish Viking

I have read this entire thread and learned an enormous amount - from what you think the new cruise terminal will be called, to your age (MUCH younger than I expected, just goes to show you never should judge a book by its cover :-) ) and I assume you like Green Day! I have also discovered the Nathus (which I think is the Danish Resistance museum) is closed due to fire and there is a Sand Festival on when we visit on Thursday 22/8.

Your patience appears endless and your help is undoubtedly invaluable. Your family must be very proud of you and you are, as many others have said, a great ambassador for Denmark. I am therefore encouraged to ask my questions. They are pretty detailed (I like to plan!) but I've not found the info in the thread. I hope you don't mind indulging me as you have hundreds of visitors before me.

We will only be in Copenhagen from 8-4pm and we dock at C190 Langelinie. I know we have to walk to Indiakaj to catch the 26 bus.

1. Which side of the road will the bus be on please? (I think it will be side closest to Langelinie as from Google maps I can only find one bus shelter!)

2. The bus into the city will be marked Alholms Plads. Correct?

3. There are 2 adults and 2 children aged 12 and 13. It will cost us DKK 72 and I can pay DKK on the bus (but no notes bigger than 100 DKK). Correct?

4. I want to get off near Radhuspladsen/Tivoli. Is there anything I can look out for to make sure we get off at the right stop please?

5. We then have a choice - visit Tivoli which I think my children will enjoy or talk a leisurely stroll back (using Rick Steve's guide book) to the ship - taking in the sights with ice-cream, coffee etc. I'm wondering if we take the Tivoli option, do you think 4 hours will be enough time there? Assuming we arrive at Tivoli by 10 (I'm not sure how long it will take to get off the ship!) I would like to leave by 2 to make sure we catch the bus and are back at the ship in good time. Is 4 hours enough or it is likely the queues will be so long we won't get to ride much do you think?

6. If we take the bus back we need to pick up the 26 again at a cost of DKK72. Correct? Will the bus be marked Indiakaj?

7. Do you know if free wi-fi is readily available in cafes etc in Copenhagen? I'm not bothered about keeping in touch (I'm on holiday and escaping the routine after all!) but my children might appreciate it! :-)

I hope that's not making me sound very controlling - I like the detail before I travel so I can relax while I'm there! :-)

Just a small correction Natmus.dk is is a common website for both The National Museum, Resistance Museum, Open Air Museum etc.

1)

There is a bus stop with a shelter in direction to the roundabout, aprox outside Indiakaj 12

But there is also a busstop when coming from the roundabout, aprox outside Indiakaj 11.

You can probably use both bus stops, but the one outside number 11 is the one in the right direction.

2)

Yes, the busses running towards the city center has Ålholm Plads as the destination.

In the other direction please make sure that the direction is Indiakaj because the bus for Færgehavn Nord or UNICEF will get you off at Søndre Frihavn at the other end of the Indiakaj street.

3)

Yes that is correct, a 2 zone adult ticket costs 24 DKK and the children ticket costs 12 DKK.

But please note that the fares for 2014 will be announced in january.

4)

The stops will be announced in the speakers, just don´t sit in the back because the engine noise will maybe make it hard to hear.

Its the second large square you will pass, the first will be Kongens Nytorv.

The stop just before Rådhuspladsen is Stormbroen, Nationalmuseet.

5)

I think that 4 hours is enough, usually on a Thursday (unless its in July) there will not be so many people.

6)

Yes its the same price, but remember that the line splits up after Østerport, one line for Indiakaj with 3 hourly departures and another for Færgehavn Nord/UNICEF also with 3 hourly departures.

7)

I know that Mc Donalds has free wifi, for others you will have to look around.

Edited by Danish viking

Our cruise leaves on Tuesday, Oct 1. We are arriving in Copenhagen the day before and had hoped to see something of the city. However it looks like most sites are closed on Mondays...what might we do on a Monday afternoon to give us a sense of Denmark and Copenhagen?

Danish Viking

Thank you! That helps a lot. I feel much happier now. When we get off the ship and everyone looks to mum to see what we need to do, I will be able to act confident......and all because you took the time to help! Thank you

Our cruise leaves on Tuesday, Oct 1. We are arriving in Copenhagen the day before and had hoped to see something of the city. However it looks like most sites are closed on Mondays...what might we do on a Monday afternoon to give us a sense of Denmark and Copenhagen?

A few places i will recommend

Rosenborg Castle is open from 10-16

Zoo is open from 10-17

The Blue Planet is open from 10 to 21 (only on Mondays to others reading)

Canal tours, Strommas boats are covered and heated from 1 of october to 31th of march.

A nice stroll along strøget with all its shops and people watching

The Round Tower is open from 10 to 18.

You could also climb the tower of Our Saviors Church (Vor Frelser Kirke) that ponbe is open from 10 to 16.

Sadly anything else is closed