Need Advice on Hawaii Itinerary

charliem

We are looking at RCCL for 2006. This would be a 14 day RT cruise out of San Diego.........Radiance of the Seas. 4 sea days on the front end, 5 port days and 4 sea days on the return trip.

Has anyone ever taken this cruise or one similar to it? I think we will be ok with the number of sea days (husband will just be coming off of tax season so will need the down time) but there will be no overnight stay at any of the stops. We have been to Hawaii before on a land tour so have already seen some of the Islands but liked the idea of some cruises staying overnight on Maui or the Big Island.

Any input on the cruise itinerary or the ship will be greatly appreciated........

Thanks,

Linda

We did the one-way from Honolulu to Ensenada on Radiance in October 2003. Radiance is a beautiful ship, and it was a great cruise. This year we're doing b/b on Carnival Spirit from Vancouver to Ensenada in September. Hawaii is our favorite place. As I remember the Radiance did overnight on that trip in Lahaina, Maui. We loved the days at sea.

Hi Linda,

My husband and I will be on the 5/6 RT cruise. There's a lot of people from here on the Roll Call. I'm a professional tax preparer too, very much looking forward to the sea days. :) Hopefully you'll decide to come along.

Jen

You might look at the Princess boards for reviews of the Island Princess. We are booked on this cruise for the holidays. It is a 15-Day that the Island Princess does when not in Alaska, so there is alot of information on those boards for you. Although a different ship, you will get the feel for what the longer cruise is like.

• 3 weeks later...

We sailed on the Radiance Vancouver to Hawaii (with an overnight in Maui:) ) last September. We departed Vancouver September 25th and weather was sunny and about 70 degrees. Sunny, calm, warm crossing. Our absolute favourite cruise to date, due in part to the great cc cruisers we met on these boards, sailing on one of the most beautiful ships at sea, and of course, the beauty and magic of Hawaii. Living in the west we have visited Hawaii many times, but each time is special and I can never seem to get enough. Wish we could cruise there again next year, but we've decided to try the Panama instead.

• 1 month later...
Has anyone else had the RCCL Sept 23, '06 cruise to Hawaii cancelled? Corporate people called us yesterday and cancelled our cruise, stating it was a code red cruise. Now you can't find it on their website

Three Cruisers

You should post your question on the Roll Call board for this cruise as it has been really active because RCI has been changing this cruise.

Archived