Changing/Transferring Rooms?

slocav

When is the right time to transfer rooms?

Meaning, I am booked with my father in one room, while my fiance is booked in another with my mother. We had to do this since neither of us are 25 and couldn't book alone.

Do we change rooms before sailing at check-in, or do we change them once we are on board at the service desk?

Thank You!

I thought the minimum age was 21?

At any rate, do it at the service desk. They should be able to take care of it without problem.

It is 25 to have a room with someone under 21 in there. After talking with a carnival rep, they informed us to do the switch before boarding...not sure if that is right.

if either of you are under 21 you are not going to be able to switch up sign and sail cards.

you check in. and go to guest services and ask for extra room keys.

tow'of'you will be needing to carry an extra card around.

--if all'people'are over 21 you will need to go to guest services too. because your sign and sail cards are already printed out....which is done on the ship.

the check in people have nothing to do with printing the cards

We just did this with our most recent sailing. After you embark, go to the purser's desk and have them do a swap. They didn't even ask why. It took all of five minutes to do. Easy peasy. I don't know if the age restriction will be a factor, but you can try explaining that you are engaged, and your parents can confirm.

When you do online check-in, place the person from the other booking number onto any account in advance or they can do their own.

When you place luggage tags on bags, put the number of the cabin they will end up at not the original cabin. This will prevent dragging them around.

When you check in, just the two who are switching cabins need to go to guest services.

I don't know if the age restriction will be a factor, but you can try explaining that you are engaged, and your parents can confirm.

wouldnt make a difference- if under age "minor" that is traveling without a parent onboard carnival will not sway

I am 21 so no worry about the age limit there. It just applied to someone without the same last name as the person booking the room, then the person booking the room needs to be 25. That is why I booked under my parents, and plan to change when we board.

I just wanted to make sure of the right time to go and change the room. Sounds like we will just be going to the pursers desk after boarding and do the switch.

I am 21 so no worry about the age limit there. It just applied to someone without the same last name as the person booking the room, then the person booking the room needs to be 25. That is why I booked under my parents, and plan to change when we board.

I just wanted to make sure of the right time to go and change the room. Sounds like we will just be going to the pursers desk after boarding and do the switch.

if both people are over 21 there was no reason to book with a person over 25.

that rule ONLY applies if someone is under 21.

If all are over 21-- change the booking now before you go.

there is no reason that had to be done on the booking.

is the Fiancee 21 too>?

if both people are over 21 there was no reason to book with a person over 25.

that rule ONLY applies if someone is under 21.

If all are over 21-- change the booking now before you go.

there is no reason that had to be done on the booking.

I am 21, fiance is 19. Sorry needed to clarify that.

if either of you are under 21 you are not going to be able to switch up sign and sail cards.

you check in. and go to guest services and ask for extra room keys.

tow'of'you will be needing to carry an extra card around.

--if all'people'are over 21 you will need to go to guest services too. because your sign and sail cards are already printed out....which is done on the ship.

the check in people have nothing to do with printing the cards

This way is the easiest. We have done the extra key thing many times with our kids.

I am 21, fiance is 19. Sorry needed to clarify that.

that was an important fact.

Fiancee is the reason that you needed to split up in the cabins. Because she is under 21 you are not going to be able to switch out the sign and sail cards.

you can get extra room keys.

Put luggage tags to the cabin they need to go in-- less switching there.

visit the pursers desk and ask for the extra room keys.

We just did this with our most recent sailing. After you embark, go to the purser's desk and have them do a swap. They didn't even ask why. It took all of five minutes to do. Easy peasy. I don't know if the age restriction will be a factor, but you can try explaining that you are engaged, and your parents can confirm.

We did this in November. When we booked our cruise we books our son and DH in one room, and myself and his GF in another. Went to desk after checkin and swapped. They DID ask if son or GF were over 25. Son is 25 so it was fine. Not sure if you are not 25.

Archived