Dawn Review 1/13-1/20 Pictures, Dailies, Menus

clean1owner

We r thinking of booking a jan 2014 cruise on the dawn . Thanks for all information . Was wondering is the lobster only available on that first night . Or can you get it other nights too?

For our sailing, lobster was only available the first night in the MDR. I don't know if they ever had it available in any of the specialty restaurants.

We live in Somersworth NH just over the border.....going on the repo April 21 on the Dawn. Our first time on NCL! Very excited....can't come soon enough with all the snow and cold!

Enjoying the reviews of NCL Dawn. Thanks!

I hope you have a great time. You are definitely right over the border as I am in Lebanon, ME. :-) I pass thru Somersworth quite a bit, even if it is just while on the turnpike. Its our second time with NCL but the first on the Dawn. From everything I read it is sounding like a great ship. With this cold weather up our way I am sure you are as ready to be on the ship as we are. Have to share your vacation. Love hearing about other destinations.

Debbie

We r thinking of booking a jan 2014 cruise on the dawn . Thanks for all information . Was wondering is the lobster only available on that first night . Or can you get it other nights too?

Only on the first night in the free dining rooms. You can order at Cagney's anytime for additional $$$$ on top of the per person cover charge.

What date are you sailing in April, Debbie? We will be on the Dawn on April 7. Are you bringing your family? My husband and daughter, age 9 will be with me.

Super excited!!!!:);):D

we are actually going to be boarding as you are leaving. I have 3 boys, twins that are 5 and an 8 year old. We are traveling with no kids this trip. We have never brought them along. My goal is for next year hopefully. I think with their ages then I will be brave enough to take all 3. They are having a ''grandparent'' week while we are gone.

• 2 weeks later...
a "cabin crawl" is where people volunteer to allow others to view their cabin (suite, penthouse, balcony, inside, etc.) Just take a minute or so to look around & ask questions, then on to the next! The "poker run" costs money! Need a minimum of 5 cabins (7 is better) & whoever wants to participate puts up $5, $10, etc., each. You get a "playing card" at each cabin u visit & then the person w/the best 5-card poker hand, at the end, wins all the $!

Don't forget to have your cards initialed by the host in each cabin. This prevents anyone from inadvertently slipping in other cards. Not that anyone would do that on purpose.:rolleyes:

Elaine

Yes, the reservations were for the MDR. Go to the customer service desk near the atrium. At the far right of the desk is the restaurant reservations desk. I wouold make reservations as soon as possible.

Is it true that only groups can make a reservation in MDR? Or can an individual or couple make a reservation? Thanks!

I think anyone can make reservations for the MDR. There were just 4 of us, not exactly a "group" in my eyes.

This information will come in handy as we will be a group of 12!

Can you tell me if there were many 2 for 1 drink offers? If so, which bar or bars offered them?? Thanks for your review!!

snow bunny

This information will come in handy as we will be a group of 12!

Can you tell me if there were many 2 for 1 drink offers? If so, which bar or bars offered them?? Thanks for your review!!

snow bunny

Sorry, but I don't booze it up, so I don't know about any of the drink specials.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks again for all the great info! As I mentioned, we're sailing on the Dawn in November and are super excited -- hope we get Fast Eddie for our steward! The only thing that looks like kind of a bummer is the size of the pool. Can't believe how tiny it is for a ship with 2,000 people on it! Just ridiculous -- it looks like a baby pool! As someone who loves to swim that's kind of sucky but oh well, I'm still excited! Plus I'll have the whole Caribbean to swim in on four days out of the trip so that oughtta make up for it :cool:

Any more, I don't think the pools are made for swimming. Rather just a place to hang out at or in.

Your review was very helpful!! I am considering my first cruise with NCL on the Dawn after 4 cruises with Carnival. I feel like you gave a very objective review - highlighting both the positives and the negatives. And the pictures and menus were very informative too! Having done picture reviews myself, I know this can be very time consuming so thanks for making the effort!

• 1 month later...

Archived