Which beach break has the people that want to have fun?

Sea Sprite

Hi Cruisers!

My travel buddy and I are looking for a fun beach break day on Costa Maya (two adults, no kids). We are considering Tropicante, Nohoch Kay, Maya Chan and Almaplena. Maya Chan looks great but I can't tell if it would be too quiet and more for honeymooners or people who just want peace & relaxation (same goes for Almaplena). The snorkeling, kayaks, floaties, great service and food at Maya Chan are huge bonuses though. It seems like Tropicante & Nohoch Kay may have more people that want to have a good time in addition to relaxing but it's hard to tell from what I can see online.

One more question, it sounds like the down side of Tropicante is that there are hawkers. Are the hawkers aggressive & often at Tropicante? Are there less hawkers at Nohoch Kay?

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

I'm going to Maya Chan next month and I want to have a good time.

Honestly, I don't think anyone will be going to these beach clubs and not wanting to have a good time. What you consider a "good time" and what others consider a "good time" I'm sure are two different things.

Thanks for your reply China1234! That's a good point, I guess the word "fun" is up for a wide range of interpretation.

When I say fun I mean people socializing with one another, laughing, joking around and possibly even dancing if there is some music. Basically somewhere that is not just for people who want to nap and read on the beach. I'm all for relaxing but but my cruise buddy definitely prefers a bit of party atmosphere and I don't mind a party atmosphere myself either! :) I'm not talking about anything over the top, just an environment where you won't disturb people that are looking for peace and quiet.

I hope you have a great time in February! Maya Chan sounds great and I have pretty much narrowed it down to Nohoch Kay or Maya Chan at this point.

Archived