Vegan

PattiHere

We went on the Allure in May and my aunt is a vegan. Typically though when she travels she goes more towards a vegetarian diet as it is easier to do in certain places. But she had no issue finding vegan friendly food on the ship! The buffet that is in the solarium had a lot of options also.

Both of our sons and our DIL are vegan and RCCL did a fantastic job of catering to their strict needs. We ate in the MDR each night and the chef would come out each night and go over the next evenings meals and desserts. They also had soy milk available in the WJ and at the dinner table.

I suggest that you either tell your TA about special dietary needs so that they can add this notation to your reservation............or if you don't have a TA, e-mail or call RCCL with your special needs.

Someone had recently wrote a review about being a vegan on RCCL. She had positive things to say, and seemed to find lots to eat. If you do a search you should be able to find it.

I'm a vegan too, and headed for a cruise at the end of April. My kids are all vegetarians.

I may go vegetarian for the week, just to make things easier. However, I'll still have to severely limit things like cheese, dairy, and eggs because I'm not use to eating them at this point, and they'll make me sick if I eat too much. So I'm going to try and stick to vegan and if I get a tiny bit of dairy it isn't the end of the world.

Our daughter is vegan. She sailed on Voyager last year and had very few problems.

She notified Special Needs before departure and talked to the maitre d' in the dining room once she got on board.

While she did have to explain what vegan means a few times, she had no difficulty in satisfying her dietary needs.

Archived