Now I'm playing the "what if Carnival misses a port game"....

willow028

Normally I could care less, but we're booked in a couple of week on a cruise out of San Juan. When it was on sale in December (don't bother looking - our version isn't offered anymore but based on our roll call there is at least one other family doing the same short cruise) they also offered a shorter version where you could disembark in Barbados, which is the second port. As I wanted to both cruise and spend Valentine's Day in Barbados, this was perfect for us.

BUT.... reading all the missed port threads, what if they can't stop there? I've missed ports/had them changed before and I don't care about that... but I do wonder since we've got hotels reserved and airfare paid based on us being in Barbados a few days and flying home from there.

Anyone ran into this one before? Would Carnival let us stay on the ship (well I guess they'd have to unless they let us borrow a life boat - but would we sleep on the Lido?!) and help us get home from San Juan?

I took this cruise (the whole rt from/to San Juan) last year. Barbados was the embarkation point for a lot of European cruisers. If that still holds true, than I would think they would miss the St Lucia port the next day vs not picking up all the new passengers.

I would defiantly get travel insurance for this trip.

I'm curious if Carnival would make you get off at the next port or take you all the way back to San Juan

Archived