How safe are waverunners? share your stories.

When we did it in Labadee, I was very impressed with the whole operation. It seemed to me they were VERY concerned with safety first! I was very scared, and opted to be the last in line so I could go slow if I needed to. There was plenty of room between each waverunner, I believe they told us to stay at least 100 ft. in back of the one in front of you.

We had an absolute blast, and cannot wait for November to do it all again!

The compartment is not very big, but big enough to keep my underwater camera in. I would not expect anything to remain dry in the compartment.

Have fun!

I took my 13 year old son on the waverunner tour at Coco Cay last July. We both had a blast. However, my 50 year old body was hurting the next day from hitting waves and catching air. I had a stiff neck from the whiplash.

I didn't get to read all the replies first, but wanted to add my 2 cents. My husband and I rode them a couple of years ago in Labadee and it was wonderful!! My advice is to be prepared if you're out of shape though. My thighs were so soar from standing up so much to brace for the waves....I would do it again in a heartbeat!!

Lynn

Archived