Looking at Epic Balcony Rooms :confused:

mcello77

So after booking room 13143 inside stateroom for the May 29th Epic Mediterranean sailing thinking it's fine because the cruise is so port intensive it won't matter I am now looking at balconies because my though process has become if I'm going to do it I want to do it right! :eek:

I have seen many posts about the various balcony options, lifeboat obstructions, bed configurations etc. on the Epic and now I am all sorts of confused as to what would be best. They are offering a free upgrade to a Cat B6 Large Balcony but am not sure if it might be better to stay in a BD with better placement on the ship. Here is some of what I have to choose from as of this morning, any insight and suggestions would be most appreciated! :D

B6 Large Balcony:

BD:

If I had to pick, I would choose either 10315 or 12307. Both have the bed by the balcony door and they're the last cabin at the end of the hall so you'll only have one side with a neighbor.

You might hear some music from Spich H20 in cabin 12307. I had a corner aft room 12310 and could hear the music.

Be aware that the aft cabins do experience vibrations.

I personally would pick a midship balcony room but that is not one of your options.

Here's my opinion:

With all the choices you have, I'd not book on deck 9. Some are hull balconies, and some directly overlook uncovered balconies on deck 8. I wouldn't want to be sitting at my railing looking directly down on someone's open balcony (deck 8 sticks out further than 9 in some areas). You also get better views from up higher.

You have some really cool choices. If you want to stick with a BD, I would go with 12044 or 12307. 12044 is in a great location near the front elevators, away from the noise from Spice H2O and the maneuvering vibrations that bother some at the rear of the ship. The only issue? It's on the port side while starboard reportedly has the better views. 12037 is on the starboard side, but on as far aft as you can go. You'll get some music from up on 15 during Spice H2O parties, and will get some vibrations. This room seems to have a larger balcony at a BD price, which is interesting.

If you want to go to a B6 large balcony, I'd do with 10077. The rooms on 11 and 12 are hull balconies. You already want to avoid 9 since you have other good options. 10077 has some great stuff going for it. It's on the starboard side, it's near the front elevators/stairs, it avoids vibrations, etc. The "large balcony" isn't as large as some others, but other than that I don't see any problems with that room at all.

Hope this helps

Here's my opinion:

With all the choices you have, I'd not book on deck 9. Some are hull balconies, and some directly overlook uncovered balconies on deck 8. I wouldn't want to be sitting at my railing looking directly down on someone's open balcony (deck 8 sticks out further than 9 in some areas). You also get better views from up higher.

You have some really cool choices. If you want to stick with a BD, I would go with 12044 or 12307. 12044 is in a great location near the front elevators, away from the noise from Spice H2O and the maneuvering vibrations that bother some at the rear of the ship. The only issue? It's on the port side while starboard reportedly has the better views. 12037 is on the starboard side, but on as far aft as you can go. You'll get some music from up on 15 during Spice H2O parties, and will get some vibrations. This room seems to have a larger balcony at a BD price, which is interesting.

If you want to go to a B6 large balcony, I'd do with 10077. The rooms on 11 and 12 are hull balconies. You already want to avoid 9 since you have other good options. 10077 has some great stuff going for it. It's on the starboard side, it's near the front elevators/stairs, it avoids vibrations, etc. The "large balcony" isn't as large as some others, but other than that I don't see any problems with that room at all.

Hope this helps

Thanks very much sdmike, I have been checking out all of the work you have put into breaking down the epic balconies and it has been quite helpful!! My only concern with 10077 is the bed location by the door which I hear makes it uncomfortable to move about the room. It seems I better make a decision soon looks like they are selling quick. Now I don't even see BD category as an option anymore, surely the could not all have sold out in one day. Anyways, I guess I need to figure out what my priorities are and choose that way. All in all I keep thinking I won't be in the room much anyway!!

Archived