Question for thomson team

Hi Thomson Team,

You have been a bit quiet again, and it seems the Thomson Blog team are causing all sorts of problems, upsetting people with what we hope is misleading answers, can you please comment on what is being said on page 8 of this thread please (Mainly that ALL branded spirits have been removed from the AI, and also why someone on AI can't get a Vodka and Orange as it is classed as 2 drinks, which you are not allowed):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1762860&page=8

I have to put this to you thoms?

other cruise lines manage to have standard ai/drinks menus/prices across their fleets, that dont keep changing

make it easy for yourselves....and us

how are we to have a snowflakes chance of making a decent comparison between cruise lines when your ai/drinks packages are all over the place between the ships and keep changing??

how are we to have any chance of making a decent comparison between cruise lines if the information we need is not forthcoming??:(

I am really getting confused regarding this drinks package thing. having read tI he Thomosn link, i cannot understand why the left hand doesn't seem to know what

[*]the right hand is doing, unless, like people have said, something is being kept quiet. One person says no branded spirits, another says some branded spirits and then i read that they cannot send out bar menus. Why has this changed in 4 days when i read this

Hi,we have got the drinks package. Can you please tell me what is included please.We are going on the dream on the14th April.Thanks

Lauren @Thomson says:03/01/2013 at 19:39

Hi Dennis, I’ve sent you an email with the Bar List. I hope this helps.

This implies, that the emailed bar list, will be the same on 14th April, as it was when the email was sent out on 3rd January, and how can they say on the 7th January, that they are no longer able to send menus out. Something is NOT right here. Geez the whole thing is giving me a headache. :(

I am really getting confused regarding this drinks package thing. having read tI he Thomosn link, i cannot understand why the left hand doesn't seem to know what

[*]the right hand is doing, unless, like people have said, something is being kept quiet. One person says no branded spirits, another says some branded spirits and then i read that they cannot send out bar menus. Why has this changed in 4 days when i read this

Hi,we have got the drinks package. Can you please tell me what is included please.We are going on the dream on the14th April.Thanks

Lauren @Thomson says:03/01/2013 at 19:39

Hi Dennis, I’ve sent you an email with the Bar List. I hope this helps.

This implies, that the emailed bar list, will be the same on 14th April, as it was when the email was sent out on 3rd January, and how can they say on the 7th January, that they are no longer able to send menus out. Something is NOT right here. Geez the whole thing is giving me a headache. :(

Don't worry to much!

Thomson HQ operations are well known for a certain lack of logic and efficiency.

Not sending menus out could just be because they have no more left to send out;)

Hi all,

I'm sorry for any confusion with the answers being given out by the Blog Team. I'll make sure this feedback is passed on to the team.

You'll find most branded drinks are included in the drinks package but some premium brands such as Absolut and Jack Daniels aren't.

I've been made aware of the vodka and orange question on another thread, and we're currently looking into this for everyone.

In regards to the bar lists, we've made a decision not to send these out to customers as we wouldn't want anyone to be disappointed if it was different when they went onboard. We're always happy to give a guide on what's included but as you know they're subject to change.

Thanks,

Rhiannon

Hi all,

We've got some clarification on the orange and vodka drinks.

A splash of orange juice is included as a mixer for spirits, in the same way as lemonade and coke etc. If you're not on the drinks package then you'll only be charged for a spirit with free splash of mixer. If you have the drinks package then you won't pay any supplements unless you choose a premium brand spirit such as Absolut vodka.

Thanks,

Dan.

Hi all,

We've got some clarification on the orange and vodka drinks.

A splash of orange juice is included as a mixer for spirits, in the same way as lemonade and coke etc. If you're not on the drinks package then you'll only be charged for a spirit with free splash of mixer. If you have the drinks package then you won't pay any supplements unless you choose a premium brand spirit such as Absolut vodka.

Thanks,

Dan.

Great to get a reply on this Dan, thanks.

Might be an idea to make sure the bar staff onboard are made aware also and then this one can be finally closed ;)

Great to get a reply on this Dan, thanks.

Might be an idea to make sure the bar staff onboard are made aware also and then this one can be finally closed ;)

I will second that

Orange is a mixer for drinks and free as a splash

Make sure a email to ALL bar managers goes out telling them to ensure that all staff know about it.

Or it will come back and bite thomson

I will second that

Orange is a mixer for drinks and free as a splash

Make sure a email to ALL bar managers goes out telling them to ensure that all staff know about it.

Or it will come back and bite thomson

Indeed, just because logic says a mixer is free, and orange juice is a mixer, and we all know you can order a vodka and orange, and has now been confirmed, it won't help when you are onboard if the staff won't serve it, as i presume these stories came from somewhere (can we remember where the story originated from?).

Indeed, just because logic says a mixer is free, and orange juice is a mixer, and we all know you can order a vodka and orange, and has now been confirmed, it won't help when you are onboard if the staff won't serve it, as i presume these stories came from somewhere (can we remember where the story originated from?).

It was a review on Cruise dot. I noticed another one popped up today bemoaning the fact that they couldn't see where the Platinum upgrade money had been spent. This is really coming back to bite Thomson, virtually every review since Xmas has commented on it. A lot of disappointed cruisers, but they all seem to have had a good time overall.

Another question for Thomson's. I am on the Majesty in May and I see you no longer have any dark rum on the AI, am I correct?.

My main drinks other than beer during the day is Tia Maria and Dark Rum not mixed!!!!!.

Having paid a supplement for AI I now find both the drinks carry a supplement which they didn't last year.

Not very happy with you increasing the number of so called premium drinks on your bar list.

Would appreciate a comment

Thank you

Archived