You reach into your suitcase and realize....

jenn-

Shorts on an Alaska cruise. I did take some pajamma type shorts, which worked fine for our balcony, but were not appropriate for walking around on the ship or in Seattle. Who knew an Alaskan cruise in September, after the coldest summer since the 1970s, would be warm enough for shorts?

That is right. My better half opened the luggage in the Hotel in New Orleans to find NO Bras. The only one she had was the one she was wearing. Now I have done a lot of weird things in my life but shopping for hooter holders in a strange town has to rate near the top of the list. Luckily there was a K-Mart nearby and after 3 hours of scrounging we came up with 2 that passed inspection. That adds up to 3 bras for a 9 day trip. Guys, let me say that you really get some strange looks when you are a 6' 230# male digging through a pile of bras while your wife is in the dressing room trying them on.:rolleyes:

You reach into your suitcase and realize....in Venice.....

......everything in it is soaking wet.

It was then that we realized that all that luggage we saw in New York JFK in the open bin .....sitting in the rain ....was our luggage.

That happened to me once; it wasn't soaking wet, but damp. I now pack everything in dry bags or thick plastic bags.

iPod charger.

I didn't realize that I didn't have it until I reached Sydney. Thankfully I was able to charge it once when I was over a friend's house, but that was it for the rest of trip. Unfortunately the hotels that I stayed at later didn't have chargers :(

Our last cruise a few months ago...On the 2nd day I discovered that I had left my charger and the battery still charging in the wall outlet...to my cameras!! :mad: I was kicking myself forever. I have 2 of these camera and a few extra batteries. So, my camera lasted for about 2 days. I had no other choice but purchase another camera while on board. Actually, I'm glad that I did. I also love my new camera...(for those that have read any of my reviews, you'd know why :D)

Archived