Question on reservation policy

Caroldoll

I am sorry to be a pain, but we are redoing all of our upcoming reservations and making a change from another cruise line we have used for a long time. I know that on February 11, some people will be able to see the upcoming cruises. Will those people be able to make reservations at that time, or do they have to wait until another date...February 14??? Or ???

Jim/Stan--I am trying to construct my postings to your suggestions. I hope I am doing this right.

No one is supposed to be able to make a reservation before the "opening bell" on the day the reservations open -- in this case, Feb 14. A really savvy travel agent knows how to get their requests in at the moment the reservations open. I always let my agent know my preference ahead of time so he can get in at the beginning.

I once lost a favored stateroom by someone who called an Oceania reservation agent in the afternoon of the day before "opening" day. When my agent got in at the first moments, the cabin was already gone. I still don't know how that happened; it's against all the rules, and if it ever happens to me again I'll raise a stink...

Archived