Desserts on the Lido....????

happy cruzin

Perhaps an odd question - and since I can't seem to get the "search" to work I'm going to post it.

I know that many of the MDR dinner menu items are avaialble on the Lido buffet - certainly not all of them - but does that apply to the desserts too??

Specifically - is the the Bitter and Blanc one of the dessets that will be available on the Lido buffet the night it is served in the MDR??

They do have some desserts on the Lido but don't know about the bitter n blanc. I would guess they may not have it as it isn't something to just set out, but maybe. If you really like that dessert I might go to the dining room to make sure you get it. If I remember correctly that is a desert that they pour a sauce over the top when they are serving it to you. Anyone else know for sure???? I have never been very impressed with the desserts on the lido.

Sometimes. Don't know about Bitter and Blanc. But it isn't quite the same.

For example, there was no ice cream for Warm chocolate melting cake, although you could get yourself some soft serve.

Since, allegedly, they might be trying to add bitter and blanc to the every day menu, maybe. Not sure about the sauce.

P1000734.JPG

Thanks for the replies!

I guess that night I will wander through and see if it happens to be there. It just happens to be paired with a dining room menu that we tend to skip - doing the Steakhouse or Cucina instead. So I haven't had it in quite a while and want to make an effort to try it again - if I can.

I guess I could always stop by ATD and see if I could get it " to go" - even if we choose not to eat there that night! ;)

Thanks for the replies!

I guess that night I will wander through and see if it happens to be there. It just happens to be paired with a dining room menu that we tend to skip - doing the Steakhouse or Cucina instead. So I haven't had it in quite a while and want to make an effort to try it again - if I can.

I guess I could always stop by ATD and see if I could get it " to go" - even if we choose not to eat there that night! ;)

OR, you could ask the maitre d' in advance to save you one for the following night in the MDR.

Or maybe, like the above comment, it will become a regular item on the dessert menu every night. It's being considered, and though my waistline will be in trouble, I'd have it as often as possible. Love that and warm chocolate melting cake!

That would be great and I would LOVE that. But I'm guessing it's not going to happen by the time we sail - next weekend! ;)

I have never seen Bitter n Blanc at the buffet. But I have seen bread pudding on the buffet. The desserts on the buffet are might be similar to the featured desserts in the MDR.

Before going to dinner, go up to the buffet and look at the desserts. They usually place the buffet menu at about 5p.m.

Archived