How to claim past cruises for VIFP?

cantwait2cruise

We haven't cruised in almost 4 years and none of my past cruises are linked with my VIFP. I tried entering the information online, but had some issues. If I call Carnival, can they be added over the phone?

Thank goodness for the list in my Cruise Critic signature or I wouldn't remember the ships and the dates over the last 10 years!

:confused:I too am having trouble. I even called Carnival and they told me they could see it based on my current booking info and that it has been applied. However, whenever I go on the web site it only shows the future cruise. I don't know what else to do?

:confused:I too am having trouble. I even called Carnival and they told me they could see it based on my current booking info and that it has been applied. However, whenever I go on the web site it only shows the future cruise. I don't know what else to do?

There have been quite a few glitches with past cruise histories showing up since the new VIFP rolled out. Make sure you are logged on (I know that sounds silly).

If Carnival can see them, then that's a good thing! Perhaps call back & see if you can get someone more helpful to check into this. I used to have some great email contacts there as well...I will try to find them.

I'm sorry I don't understand this response :confused:

Picture of you on or next to ship, old stateroom keys, old booking receipts, etc. you will have to call them to see what they will accept. I would imagine capers would be worthless since anyone can get them if they try hard enough.

i know years ago there was a poster on here that was successful in using a picture of herself on the ship (not sure if it was a personal photo or a ship photographer photo) to get credit for a cruise that was missing from her profile.

good luck!

There have been quite a few glitches with past cruise histories showing up since the new VIFP rolled out. Make sure you are logged on (I know that sounds silly).

If Carnival can see them, then that's a good thing! Perhaps call back & see if you can get someone more helpful to check into this. I used to have some great email contacts there as well...I will try to find them.

Thank you! I will try this again.

We haven't cruised in almost 4 years and none of my past cruises are linked with my VIFP. I tried entering the information online, but had some issues. If I call Carnival, can they be added over the phone?

Hlaf a dozen phone calls (each saying it was fixed) and countless e-mails, mine was never resolved to this day. I gave up. Already cost them 3 bookings (2 sailed already) since June and potentially another one for an April cruise.

They haven't fixed my VIFP either. Every time I enter my 2 cruises or call and have them put on, I get a song and a dance from Carnival, but it's never updated. It's still showing O cruises for me, although Carnival says they see 2 past cruises (which is correct). They keep blaming their IT people and then say it will be corrected in a week. Same old story, I too gave up.

Our PVP looked up niece's past guest number through her birthdate, along with her bf. he couldn't find my Sister's due to the fact that she hadn't cruised in over 10 years, before they assigned PG #'s or find her through birthdate. If you had at least one old SS card it would have a guest #.

I think that it's like any big business...you have to get the right person on the phone to get any help. It does stink and I got lucky. I called and mine was straight within a few hours. However, I did have past booking numbers to give them from my photo albums. I'd call back and talk to someone else even though this is time consuming. Good luck!

Archived