Holiday Inn

kasijab

DH and I are booked into Holiday Inn on the Bay for our April cruise. Have received an email from IHG to say that from 1st March they will no longer be branded Holiday Inn.

Does anybody know who is taking them over please? I need to decide whether to keep the booking or find somewhere else. Originally booked as we are Platinum with Holiday Inn but it is not the end of the world not to get the points but would like to know who is taking it over .

Thank you

We have a booking in place at this hotel for September. I did hear that the Wyndham was taking over on March 1st. We booked using Priority Club points. Will that matter, and will we still have our booking? Anyone know?

We have a booking in place at this hotel for September. I did hear that the Wyndham was taking over on March 1st. We booked using Priority Club points. Will that matter, and will we still have our booking? Anyone know?

I've cut and pasted our email:

As one of our valued Priority Club members, we are writing you regarding your upcoming reservation for the Holiday Inn San Diego- On the Bay, CA. As of March 1, 2013 this hotel will no longer be part of the IHG system and I would like to apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause you.

The hotel will be able to honor your reservation as you had originally booked it with IHG, however they will be unable to offer Priority Club points and benefits. If you have any questions, please contact the hotel directly. The hotel’s direct phone number is (619) 232-3861BsAt4ube4GblQIAAAAASUVORK5CYII=.

If you prefer to stay at an IHG hotel and enjoy all the benefits of the Priority Club program or would like to cancel your reservation, please contact our central reservation office at 800-465-4329BsAt4ube4GblQIAAAAASUVORK5CYII= and we will be happy to assist you. In addition, you may also visit our web site to locate alternate IHG accommodations at www.ihg.com.

Since they plan to honor our reservation, I just won't get points.

d

I've cut and pasted our email:

As one of our valued Priority Club members, we are writing you regarding your upcoming reservation for the Holiday Inn San Diego- On the Bay, CA. As of March 1, 2013 this hotel will no longer be part of the IHG system and I would like to apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause you.

The hotel will be able to honor your reservation as you had originally booked it with IHG, however they will be unable to offer Priority Club points and benefits. If you have any questions, please contact the hotel directly. The hotel’s direct phone number is (619) 232-3861BsAt4ube4GblQIAAAAASUVORK5CYII=.

If you prefer to stay at an IHG hotel and enjoy all the benefits of the Priority Club program or would like to cancel your reservation, please contact our central reservation office at 800-465-4329BsAt4ube4GblQIAAAAASUVORK5CYII= and we will be happy to assist you. In addition, you may also visit our web site to locate alternate IHG accommodations at www.ihg.com.

Since they plan to honor our reservation, I just won't get points.

d

Thanks for the update. It seems strange that we did not receive this email. But, it seems you are able to use Priority club points for the stay, but will not acrue any additional points? I guess I will have to call them directly.

I contacted the Holiday Inn on the Bay and was told that even though we booked our room with Priority Club points, that our reservation is still valid. They were able to transfer our reservation to the Wyndham without any added expense.

I'll be sure to follow up again after the buy out to insure this is the case.

Archived