Anyone recently back from Jewel Of The Seas?

Flipflopsnfrozendrinks

We are sailing in 3 weeks, and my 12 year old is a little concerned. Last year, on Navigator OTS they combined the oldest 2 age groups for activities. My then 14 year old son was fine with it, but my then 11 year old daughter was so put off by the amount of older (some, much older) kids, that she never went.

I am hoping they are not doing that across the board. I love having her hang out with me, but, I would like a little alone time with my hubby in the solarium. Plus, she always gets so much from the kids programs, they usually enhance her vacation.

Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know if they are doing it on Jewel?

Thanks,

Kim

I can't speak for the Jewel but we are just off sister ship Serenade. They did combine both ages for evening activities. My son did mention that he liked Celebrity better than RC but this is the first time he has been in the teen club. He is 12.

On our last Celebrity cruise he was 11 and the counselors said that often the 12 year olds want to come back to the Fun Factory (Adventure Ocean on RC). So that is an option for your 12 year old. They are allowed to do either if they aren't happy in the teen program.

Hi Kim,

I am sorry I can't help you but we are going on the Jewel on March 11th for 5 nights and would love to hear about your experience when you get back. I have a 7 and 9 year old. Also, I would really appreciate if you could confirm if the kids club is open the first night for a couple hours.

Thanks so much and have a great trip:)

Mell

Thanks Rebecca.

She is 13 now, but small for her age (LOL), maybe they will let her back in for a couple of the days if she is interested. I am hoping she makes a friend or 2 early on, and at least has a buddy to hang out with. My kids also prefer Celebrity, isn't that funny? The were really disappointed in the Princess program though.

Mell,

I will certainly let you know about the first night. It has been my experience that the first night is a "get to know you" night. They go through the paperwork, explain the policies, and then have a family game of gaga ball.

Kim

Archived