Friendly tip - Check your final balance payment when charged

shellmisi

We went through a travel agency and had our credit card on file with them. Today I noticed that last week's final payment charge was $99 more than what was on my original quote, booking confirmation and invoice. I called up the travel agency and they connected with MSC and found out that MSC had added on $99 to our bill. The person who makes the payments just charged our credit card for what MSC said was due (she said they are never different and there has never been a reason for them to check this against the previous balance due).

I am told that I will see a credit on my card from MSC within a couple days. I wanted to pass this along just in case it wasn't just a random one time glitch and perhaps it is a bigger issue.

We went through a travel agency and had our credit card on file with them. Today I noticed that last week's final payment charge was $99 more than what was on my original quote, booking confirmation and invoice. I called up the travel agency and they connected with MSC and found out that MSC had added on $99 to our bill. The person who makes the payments just charged our credit card for what MSC said was due (she said they are never different and there has never been a reason for them to check this against the previous balance due).

I am told that I will see a credit on my card from MSC within a couple days. I wanted to pass this along just in case it wasn't just a random one time glitch and perhaps it is a bigger issue.

Very strange ,my guess -you agent just typed in wrong amount and blames MSC for that) . She proboalbe gave you axtra 99$ discount out of her commission and forgot to make adjustment in her bill.

Very strange ,my guess -you agent just typed in wrong amount and blames MSC for that) . She proboalbe gave you axtra 99$ discount out of her commission and forgot to make adjustment in her bill.

Perhaps, but I was told that MSC changed one of my kid's fares from $0 to $99 (she's 9 and we booked during the Kids Sail Free promo). That would have been a pretty detailed lie to come up with on the fly. Also, I had to answer a bunch of questions about her age and whether we had made any changes in the ressie since we booked before MSC agreed to the refund.

Perhaps, but I was told that MSC changed one of my kid's fares from $0 to $99 (she's 9 and we booked during the Kids Sail Free promo). That would have been a pretty detailed lie to come up with on the fly. Also, I had to answer a bunch of questions about her age and whether we had made any changes in the ressie since we booked before MSC agreed to the refund.

HMMM. strange was it fare or they forgot to tell you about port charges? because kids pay port charges even if fare is free.

HMMM. strange was it fare or they forgot to tell you about port charges? because kids pay port charges even if fare is free.

It was fare. When I booked, I got kid's sale free but at time of final payment, MSC had added $99 for my oldest for fare. My 6 year old was still showing as free. The port charges were the same for both. At least that's what I was told. The lady I talked to seemed really shocked that this could happen.

Not sure if the details matter that much. I just don't want anyone to be overcharged. I know that there are active posters here that are on my cruise with kiddos too.

It was fare. When I booked, I got kid's sale free but at time of final payment, MSC had added $99 for my oldest for fare. My 6 year old was still showing as free. The port charges were the same for both. At least that's what I was told. The lady I talked to seemed really shocked that this could happen.

Not sure if the details matter that much. I just don't want anyone to be overcharged. I know that there are active posters here that are on my cruise with kiddos too.

:confused: Strange ,hope you get money back .

• 2 months later...

Different kid sail-free age applies in US? If I am not mistaken, US is 11 yo and Europe is 17 yo.

Hope the problem has been solved and you are enjoying your Easter cruise now!

I had to make a change to which credit card I put my deposit on due to changing cards with including travel insurance. It took about three weeks and ten emails through my travel agent to rectify this. They also blamed the accounting department from MSC. It's our first cruise and reading on this forum there seems to be a lot, most minor, of mistakes that need to be fixed which should be resolved in one visit to the desk, but seems to always be a big hassle.

It was not port taxes or anything other than a weird mistake. It was easily resolved by showing our original bill.

My parents were also on the cruise with us and they were charged twice for their final payment. Also easily fixed with one call to our travel agent.

Archived