Which Is The Preferred Catamaran Trip: Cool Runnings Or Silver Moon?

florida lover

We have a related question about Silvermoon. How long does it usually take for them to get back to you? Our friends posted a question on their website (trying to book the four of us for late March). It's been over 24 hours and she hasn't received a reply. Most of the good private tour operators will get back to you within a day or so. Does Silvermoon usually take longer than that? :confused:

We have a related question about Silvermoon. How long does it usually take for them to get back to you? Our friends posted a question on their website (trying to book the four of us for late March). It's been over 24 hours and she hasn't received a reply. Most of the good private tour operators will get back to you within a day or so. Does Silvermoon usually take longer than that? :confused:

I got a response from them within 2 hours this morning. I would contact them again.

Calabaza is fully booked on our Feb, date, so our choices are Silver Moon or Cool Runnings for the turtle trip. Can anyone here comment on which of the two might be preferred, there are 4 adults in our party?

Thank you!

Is there any real difference between the 12 and 24 passenger trips, is the 24 a larger boat?

Is there any real difference between the 12 and 24 passenger trips, is the 24 a larger boat?

We went on Silvermoon's 24 person cat. There was so much extra space, we could have easily accommodated twice that. Great day & I highly recommend them. Going south again in 6 weeks, this time with Calabaza. Can't wait! Hope you both enjoy your trip!! :D

• 3 weeks later...

I can't say for certain, as I've never done Cool Runnings, but I think most would agree that Silver Moon offers a nicer overall experience.

You should know that most of these catamarans usually go to the same two spots for swimming with the turtles and snorkeling. The big difference is the rest of the day sail, how nice the boat is, how many people, food and crew, etc.

Silver Moon is one of our all time favorite excursions and we'll be sailing her for our eighth trip in just over three weeks. They offer a great day of sailing and relaxation on both their 12 person and 24 person sailings - we've done both and have been on all of their boats.

Here is a link to our photos from last year and there are links to photos from the prior six sailings in the gallery description at the top of this gallery:

We've seen the Cool Runnings cat a few times while sailing the Silver moon and have at least two photos of her among our Silver Moon photos: here or here

I have never done Cool Runnings but have done Calabaza once and Silver Moon three times, I believe. We love Silver Moon. 24 person catamaran still has plenty of space. :) If you like Calabaza, you will like Silver Moon. Same type of personal service. They are both great.

Have to cast my vote for SilverMoon as well. I did a trip with them last month and LOVED it. While the boat could accommodate 24 we had 13 and it was fantastic. The food was delicious, the company lots of fun and the crew was fantastic. I would sail with them again in a heartbeat.

Archived