Ever get an OBC for price drop you didn't apply for?

lcgvol

I just received an email from Carnival for an OBC of $43 for my stepmom's cabin. I did not apply for that one because when I checked it appeared that she wasn't eligible for it. I did however apply for a $200 drop for our cabin and our friends with the More=Merrier rate. I have not heard back about those two yet. I know it wasn't my PVP because we don't have one this time. Anyone else ever have this happen?

The port taxes/fees went down $3 for that cabin. The rate went down $40. The taxes and fees have gone down $4-6 on the other cabins we have booked, still waiting to hear about the rate drop on those two.

which I thought would be about $40 and the next day our obc accout showed $160 more. There was an additional drop that day (that it was applied) which brought the total to 160$ but I hadn't applied for that total. Same thing happened to someone else on our roll call as well for the same amount. I booked over the phone.

Actually this did happen to me. It was on my last cruise. It was only for nine dollars per person but hey it was nine dollars and this is not including the port charges either. I did book with a PVP but I don't think he would do that. It was on my SS acc't.

Nope... Never had that happen.

How did you book. TA, Online, Telephone???

And just curious. Why not with the PVP?

Also Where in TN?

We are in NE Tennessee, Johnson City BigD. We booked Early Saver in Aug 2012. I called but did not talk to a PVP. The lady was a customer service rep(I think). Her name was Anita and she's been with Carnival for 18 years. She said she could help me with my questions and wound up booking 3 rooms for me. I think we probably spent 2 hours total on the phone. She was way more helpful than any PVP we've ever had and even offered to help my nephew who cancelled a cruise last year and never got any money back from his Carnival trip insurance.

I doubt that she applied for the discount but we'll take it anyway. I even asked my step mom if she applied for it and she said she had no idea how to do that.

The price of our cruise has not dropped any until 3 days ago(except for the few dollars of fees/taxes) and I check daily.

Archived