The Dawn Fridge

GeneD

We will be in a balcony, if that matters, on the Dawn and I see that people have the room steward empty the fridge so theycan put what the occupant wants in the fridge. My question is what is in the fridge initially and what is the charge for using/replenishing? Also what is the size of what is in there? Also is the same stuff in the inside cabins fridge too?

Just wondering if it would be worth it to bring diet pepsi aboard or if the price would be about the same if we brought our own soda aboard?

We will be in a balcony, if that matters, on the Dawn and I see that people have the room steward empty the fridge so theycan put what the occupant wants in the fridge. My question is what is in the fridge initially and what is the charge for using/replenishing? Also what is the size of what is in there? Also is the same stuff in the inside cabins fridge too?

Just wondering if it would be worth it to bring diet pepsi aboard or if the price would be about the same if we brought our own soda aboard?

A can of Diet Pepsi is $2.25 + a 15 percent auto gratuity. You are charged the autogratuity for anything consumed out of the minibar/fridge.

I have never bothered to have a cabin steward remove anything. I can do that myself if need to. I have never removed everything either. I can find plenty of room to put my own drinks in the fridge.

The contents will include some soft drinks, little airplane bottles of booze, bottled water, a beer or two. Nothing is free.

it is much cheaper too bring your own soda instead of buying it onboard. there is the soda card but it is still too pricy for me since i only drink a couple sodas the whole cruise. i dont bother having the fridge emptied. i just make sure the room steward keeps plenty of ice in the bucket or a small cooler you bring with you too keep your soda nice and cold.

To the OP, here's the mini-bar price list from my Jewel cruise back in November 2012. I'm pretty sure the fridge contents are the same fleet-wide. If not, it's probably very similar, along with the pricing.

IMG_5949.jpg

Archived