Celebrity Infinity - Oct 24 2013 - T/A Harwich to Miami - Pied Piper sailing

Petert102

Hi Folks

Two more.... we are Ron and Jim from the UK and will be joining you on the TA next month. Whilst we've travelled with PP before in europe, this will be our first TA and first trip to Miami, where we've tagged on a few extra days before returning home! We look forward to meeting you all onboard, either at the martini bar or the welcome party! :)

Welcome Ron and Jim, as you can see, we are getting to be a large Group now. Where in the UK are you Guys from ?

Hugz

Peter

Edited by Petert102

Oh Judith

Lesbian Chic. I just adore the look !!!! Are we not also to be treated to a red wool plaid Lumberjack Jacket ?????? :):):):), so Fall in Fire Island

Mega Mega Hugz

Peter

Peter, that's SO 1970s! I am surprised that you are so behind the fashion times. ;) Well-dressed 21st century lesbians are wearing only the finest synthetic fleece, designed by the House of Polartec. (You should see what we brought to Antarctica in January!)

Now I am seriously worried that Paul, Howard, and you will not be dressed warmly enough on deck as we sail away from the beautiful Port of Harwich. So you must borrow the nearest lesbian for a field trip to LL Bean, EMS, Northface, or even Dick's Sporting Goods. You still have time! :)

Judith

Hi Folks

Two more.... we are Ron and Jim from the UK and will be joining you on the TA next month. Whilst we've travelled with PP before in europe, this will be our first TA and first trip to Miami, where we've tagged on a few extra days before returning home! We look forward to meeting you all onboard, either at the martini bar or the welcome party! :)

Hi Ron and Jim, welcome here and also welcome to Cruise Critic!

I don't know how familiar you are with this site, but there's also a Roll Call for our cruise in the Celebrity Roll Call forum at the link below. A very friendly bunch of folks, and you should consider posting there as well. And you can also sign up for the Celebrity Connections party.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=40052633#post40052633

Will you be staying in Harwich the night before we sail?

In any event, we look forward to meeting you soon.

Judith

Peter, that's SO 1970s! I am surprised that you are so behind the fashion times. ;) Well-dressed 21st century lesbians are wearing only the finest synthetic fleece, designed by the House of Polartec. (You should see what we brought to Antarctica in January!)

Now I am seriously worried that Paul, Howard, and you will not be dressed warmly enough on deck as we sail away from the beautiful Port of Harwich. So you must borrow the nearest lesbian for a field trip to LL Bean, EMS, Northface, or even Dick's Sporting Goods. You still have time! :)

Judith

I am so relieved, no 1970's Lumberjill couture, you are both definitely the last word in modern Lesbian Chic and refined taste !!!! Alas, we are just three old farts in timewarp when it comes to fashion !!!! You Gals are also so caring towards our little furry four legged friends wearing only man made synthetic fibers, that is so sensitive of you and I applaud you. !!! Brava, Brava, Brava

Mega Hugz

Peter

Hi Peter / Judith

Thanks for the welcome. Ron lives in Cambridge and I live in Newcastle, Cambridge is less than 100km from Harwich so we plan to have a leisurely breakfast on the Thursday morning then have a taxi booked to take us to the port!

(

Hi Peter / Judith

Thanks for the welcome. Ron lives in Cambridge and I live in Newcastle, Cambridge is less than 100km from Harwich so we plan to have a leisurely breakfast on the Thursday morning then have a taxi booked to take us to the port!

Enjoy that last Bangers, Fried Bread and Eggs accompanied by Baked Beans, a tomato and two mushrooms, all to be flushed down your Gullet with fake Orange Juice and a coffee made from a mysterious dark brown powder......will be the last such gastronomic breakfast treat that you will be seeing in a while. Remember it could re-visit you after we sail from Lovely Harwich into the rough North Sea !!!!!

Fortunately my Nutritionaist, who passionately hates ALL food and believes that I should exist on AIR !!!, has banned me from such a treat for life, due to my Diabetes !!!! :(:(:(

Mega Hugz

Peter

Edited by Petert102

Hi Peter / Judith

I had the great pleasure and privilege of studying at Cambridge after college (some time ago! :)) and will look forward to hearing what it is like there now. I'm a total anglophile, so that was a very special time for me.

Glad you'll be able to have a nice drive to the port the morning that we leave. Eileen and I will be enjoying the delights of Harwich the day before ...

Judith

I had the great pleasure and privilege of studying at Cambridge after college (some time ago! :)) and will look forward to hearing what it is like there now. I'm a total anglophile, so that was a very special time for me.

Glad you'll be able to have a nice drive to the port the morning that we leave. Eileen and I will be enjoying the delights of Harwich the day before ...

Judith

Judith

You can exchange College experiences with Paul, he was also a Fullbright Scholar in Cambridge, way back in the Jurrasic Age !!!!! So many Egg Heads on this trip

Hugz

Peter

Judith

Ron is a Guernseyman originally, but moved to Cambridge for work about 40 years ago, think he's what they call a townie as opposed to a gownie! I first visited Cambridge about 10 years ago, beautiful city, Kings college, the punts etc, he said he'd take some recent pics for you!

Ron is a Guernseyman originally, but moved to Cambridge for work about 40 years ago, think he's what they call a townie as opposed to a gownie! I first visited Cambridge about 10 years ago, beautiful city, Kings college, the punts etc, he said he'd take some recent pics for you!

Thanks Ron and Jim! It is indeed a beautiful place. I just loved my year there.

Look forward to meeting you both.

Judith

Well Ladies and Gentleman...one month today and were so looking forward to this...can anyone give me any idea what kind of clothes we will need for the first few days out of lisbon....will it be warm enough to be outside?....just curious cause ill be bringing everything anyway...lol...Judith...look forward to cocktails at the Peir hotel or the Hay Penny Peir on the night of the 23rd and we will meet all the the other ladies ;) the next day.......hope everyone's having as good of weather as we are this week....talk soon ..William of Brunswick. Ps Chris..were you ever able to get a room at the Pier?

Bill (imwmflyme), I gave up on the Pier... no vacancies on the website... called the mother office (suggested by someone here)... no luck. I can stand Peter's "double-wide with polyester sheets" for 1 night. Am currently living in a tent in the desert until 5 days before departing Jordan for the cruise (so even the "double-wide" sounds good!)...limited to periodic, sketchy 3G connection on the iPhone for internet... so just not worth the hassle anymore.

Couple of questions for you veteran cruisers...

1. How important is it to do the online check-in with Celebrity beforehand? I can probably do this in the 5 days back in civilization before I travel... but, does it matter much if I do not?

2. Derek at PP told me that Celebrity only mails luggage tags to USA and Canada. He said that checking in the (epic amount of) luggage I bring directly at the port is an easy process even without the tags. Has anyone done this before?

Sooooo excited! Cannot wait to get out of here and start this adventure. Looking forward as well to the last few days of couture shopping before the the travel begins :p

Best, Chris

Couple of questions for you veteran cruisers...

1. How important is it to do the online check-in with Celebrity beforehand? I can probably do this in the 5 days back in civilization before I travel... but, does it matter much if I do not?

2. Derek at PP told me that Celebrity only mails luggage tags to USA and Canada. He said that checking in the (epic amount of) luggage I bring directly at the port is an easy process even without the tags. Has anyone done this before?

Sooooo excited! Cannot wait to get out of here and start this adventure. Looking forward as well to the last few days of couture shopping before the the travel begins :p

Best, Chris

Hi Chris,

1. I've never not checked in on line before, but I think it will speed your process at the pier if you do, as you won't have to stand there and give them all of your information. Also, and this relates to number 2:

2. Once you check in on line, you can actually print luggage tags for the cruise. They will be personalized for you with your deck, cabin number and a graphic showing the porters the quadrant of the ship where your bags are to be delivered. If you don't do this, I believe Derek is correct --- you should be able to fill out luggage tags at the dock, but again it saves the hassle if you have this all done before and are using the pre-printed tags (even off a computer). Again, I haven't done this personally.

Don't worry about it -- you'll get on board! :)

Enjoy the next month, we look forward to meeting you soon.

Judith

I've just received an email from Pied Piper, which I'm sure you other Pipers have received or will receive as well, with suggested shore excursions AND this very fun announcement (the caps and color is all PP):

"HALLOWEEN WILL OCCUR DURING THIS CRUISE. BRING YOUR COSTUME FOR AN EVENT ONBOARD! DETAILS TO BE ANNOUNCED ONBOARD."

:)

I've just received an email from Pied Piper, which I'm sure you other Pipers have received or will receive as well, with suggested shore excursions AND this very fun announcement (the caps and color is all PP):

"HALLOWEEN WILL OCCUR DURING THIS CRUISE. BRING YOUR COSTUME FOR AN EVENT ONBOARD! DETAILS TO BE ANNOUNCED ONBOARD."

:)

OH NO, this means that we will have to pack something for the Pied Piper Party on Halloween !!!!! It means that we now need to make an effort as it will be a private PP event

I see that the PP excursions are the Celebrity ones, but with a bus devoted to PP guests. Not sure if we will take one, need to ponder on it, I really like the idea of doing our own thing ( Retail Therapy )

Peter

Edited by Petert102

I see that the PP excursions are the Celebrity ones, but with a bus devoted to PP guests. Not sure if we will take one, need to ponder on it, I really like the idea of doing our own thing ( Retail Therapy )

Peter

We were already booked on the PP recommended City of Lisbon tour, so I was happy to see that on the list. I know that you, Peter, have already been to Lisbon and will be shopping with Paul for your ten zillion thread count linens ;), but perhaps some of the other Pipers who are Lisbon newbies will be joining us on the bus to see this city and share Pasteis de Belem.

Judith

We were already booked on the PP recommended City of Lisbon tour, so I was happy to see that on the list. I know that you, Peter, have already been to Lisbon and will be shopping with Paul for your ten zillion thread count linens ;), but perhaps some of the other Pipers who are Lisbon newbies will be joining us on the bus to see this city and share Pasteis de Belem.

Judith

Alas Paul has decreed that the last thing that we need is MORE zillion count sheets. Especially as Porthault ( French zillions count sheets ) have opened a store at the Outlet Mall about an hour north of New York and they are better and cheaper than the ones in Lisbon. He has the Credit Card, so I must listen to him

We are thinking of going to Cascais for the day, but the train schedules are terrible, must look into a Bus

Now the question is, what do I pack for Halloween ???? will probably pack my old formal NYPD Ceremonial Unit Uniform, must dig something appropriate out for Paul and Howard.

Hugz

Peter

Edited by Petert102

Peter -- you mentioned on the Celebrity Roll Call that our PP group is a large one. Do you have any specifics from PP on that, or are you just going from the number of folks here on the Roll Call?

Just curious, thanks!

Looking at the Roll Call I posted here earlier, which was based on participants here, after subtracting the Kiwi Goup which is non PP and the Miami Crowd, I think that most of the rest are PP. Remember there will be PP folks who for one reason or another have not joined this board. Also there are clearly as I discussed off board with Tom and Michael, other participants on the main board who while not on this, have caused our Gaydar to go ping ping ping. Look at M-C'S weekly list, then look at Posting IDs ( two are just too Gay for words ) and location, i.e. San Francisco and they will jump out at you !!!!!

Peter

Will have to think what to wear for Halloween as my NYPD formal Ceremonial Unit uniform just takes up much space with belts and all the extra pieces.

Edited by Petert102

Looking at the Roll Call I posted here earlier, which was based on participants here, after subtracting the Kiwi Goup which is non PP and the Miami Crowd, I think that most of the rest are PP. Remember there will be PP folks who for one reason or another have not joined this board. Also there are clearly as I discussed off board with Tom and Michael, other participants on the main board who while not on this, have caused our Gaydar to go ping ping ping. Look at M-C'S weekly list, then look at Posting IDs ( two are just too Gay for words ) and location, i.e. San Francisco and they will jump out at you !!!!!

Peter

Will have to think what to wear for Halloween as my NYPD formal Ceremonial Unit uniform just takes up much space with belts and all the extra pieces.

Well, Peter, I guess you are referring to me when you say, because of either my "Posting ID" or my location, San Francisco, that "two are just too gay for words"...causing your Gaydar to go ping, ping, ping. (they (names) will jump out at you!!!!!)

I have got to say that I find it offensive when you start singling out individuals for your posting merriment I am sure it is not a surprise to you that not everyone participates on these CC Boards in the same manner as you do. I think it might be a good practice to use a little restraint and be considerate of other people, especially those you haven't even met yet. Not a problem..just sayin'

My name is Dave, btw....

Well, Peter, I guess you are referring to me when you say, because of either my "Posting ID" or my location, San Francisco, that "two are just too gay for words"...causing your Gaydar to go ping, ping, ping. (they (names) will jump out at you!!!!!)

I have got to say that I find it offensive when you start singling out individuals for your posting merriment I am sure it is not a surprise to you that not everyone participates on these CC Boards in the same manner as you do. I think it might be a good practice to use a little restraint and be considerate of other people, especially those you haven't even met yet. Not a problem..just sayin'

My name is Dave, btw....

I sincerely appologize if I have caused you deep offense with my post. We were trying to figure out the numbers on the voyage, there was no "merriment" ever intended. I did take care not to mention any IDs on the posts, especially as IDs can often be very misleading, but left any conclusions to be formed by the reader.

Peter

Edited by Petert102

My name is Dave, btw....

Dave

I see that like Alan, Kiwiatsea, you are going the whole way to San Diego. On the main board, Brit48, Jen, has been very recently widowed and is bravely traveling, on her own, through to San Diego to visit her son. Naturally after many years married, she is quite naturally concerned by being alone on a long voyage. She sound like a really nice and interesting Lady. If you think it appropriate, and if you want to, it might me a nice idea, which I am sure she would appreciate, for to introduce yourself on the main board to her so that she will know others, apart from Kiwi, who are travelling right through to San Diego

Peter

Edited by Petert102

Hi everyone,

Judith, thanks for the advice! Was able to do the online check-in yesterday and got the printable luggage tags. It so great to be able to get help from others in this forum!

Clock is ticking now... do not usually wish Time would be more fleeting... but find myself doing so everyday now!

See you all soon,

Chris

Hi everyone,

Judith, thanks for the advice! Was able to do the online check-in yesterday and got the printable luggage tags. It so great to be able to get help from others in this forum!

Clock is ticking now... do not usually wish Time would be more fleeting... but find myself doing so everyday now!

See you all soon,

Chris

Great, all your ship paperwork now complete, only your Couture Shopping and packing is now left Remember PP is hosting a Halloween party especially for us, we are requested to bring a costume, so it looks like you will have to bring your Thobe afterall !!!

Hugz

Peter

Hi everyone,

See you all soon,

Chris

That's great, Chris!

Only three more weeks to go --- I think they will pass quickly. We have our suitcases out and I've thrown a few things in. Will get more serious about it this weekend.

See everyone soon!

Judith