First time cruising with RCCL and have a question or two... or five

kr8z

My sister and I just booked a short 4 day cruise on Jewel of the Seas out of Tampa. We chose an outside guarantee. When do we typically receive our cabin assignment?

Is there a way to print the luggage tags, or will that not be an option prior to cabin assignment?

We can bring 2 bottles of wine, correct? What about non alcoholic carry on? I believe I read that is not allowed. I am not a big coffee drinker anymore, so I get my caffeine from 1 can of diet dr pepper in the morning. I am guessing I may need to purchase a soda package if I cannot bring on 3 cans of my morning energy :)

I shall continue to search this forum for info on the ships and this particular port - been on many cruises before, just not on Royal - but if anyone has any advice I'll certainly take it :)

OMG....love your avatar!!!!!! One of my favorite snl skits.

Im not sure about the room assignment. I once booked a guaranteed balcony and we received our assignment about a month before the cruise.....and ended up with a D1 hump room! Well worth the wait.

You'll have to wait until your room assignment to print your luggage tags....or just wait until you get to port and the bag handlers will tag your bags for you.

Yes....2 bottles of wine are permitted. Technically soda and water are not allowed, but it seems a lot of people carry them on with no problems.

My sister and I just booked a short 4 day cruise on Jewel of the Seas out of Tampa. We chose an outside guarantee. When do we typically receive our cabin assignment?

Anytime from booking to a couple of days before if normal for the jewel.

Is there a way to print the luggage tags, or will that not be an option prior to cabin assignment?

you have to wait until you room assignment and then go to your e-docs, print the luggage tag only page (not the 30 pages of nonsense). Do not use the luggage tag on your sea pass page.

We can bring 2 bottles of wine, correct? What about non alcoholic carry on? I believe I read that is not allowed. I am not a big coffee drinker anymore, so I get my caffeine from 1 can of diet dr pepper in the morning. I am guessing I may need to purchase a soda package if I cannot bring on 3 cans of my morning energy :)

Yes, two bottles of wine best to carry on rather than in luggage. Yes we pack a soft sided cooler withsoda and/or water, we have on the jewel and every other ship. Only do the soda package if you drink more than 3 sodas a day. there will be water, juice, ice tea, coffee for free all day. And you can order soda by the can and pay. cheaper if you don't drink more than 3 per day as I mentioned

I shall continue to search this forum for info on the ships and this particular port - been on many cruises before, just not on Royal - but if anyone has any advice I'll certainly take it :)

Make sure to be in Viking crown or high up to watch the ship go under the skyway bridge. quite the sight, looks like you are going to hit it.

Archived