Mariner of the Seas 1/13/2013 PHOTO REVIEW

Side note*

My son loves to grab shells so we brought some back from the trip with us for him. Interestingly, we found a part of a jaw with a few teeth in it. I have no idea what is belongs to (definitely not human). I didn't take a pic of it but if anybody has ideas on how to identify it or has an interest in it, I can post a pic or discuss off-site.

Still enjoying your photography, you know I always keep my camera by default in VIVID, I like my pictures to have a little more color in them. Something I have to tone then down a little but for the most part I am very happy with the results. Loved the pictures of the pier, piers make fantastic pictures.

Keep them coming.

Now, when we got back to our room, we had a message from the manager at Giovanni's Table apologizing again for not having my DW cake ready for the lunch we had on Monday. He then offered our group a complementary dinner that night. Didn't really seem like a fair trade on his part as I wasn't upset at all about the cake but hey if they were going to offer I wasn't about to say no. It must have been the fact that we were in a suite and expected to be treated like royalty. Hmmm yes that must be it. :p

Anyway, it was a wonderful gesture and have to give a big shout out to Gary, the manager of Giovanni's Table. He was even our waiter too and was just awesome. Big props to him!

Before we get to dinner, we had tickets to go see the ice show at 6:30. We ended up being late so didn't need tickets anyway and it was also hard to find a seat. We ended up sitting in the back on the table but lucky for us, it was the same "Ice Under the Big Top" show from last year so we had already seen it. My son did really like though. He watched the whole thing and didn't hardly move.

After the show we headed to Giovanni's Table to sit down to another HUGE meal! I can't even tell you all the things we got but was A LOT of food!

Here we go:

Awesome bread

IMG_1291.JPG

Scallops

IMG_1292.JPG

Cheese topped bread of some sort (Delicious!)

IMG_1294.JPG

This is just the appetizers!

IMG_1298.JPG

most of us went with the filet for the entree. Good choice.

IMG_1300.JPG

Sorry don't mean to hijack but thought you might like these since you didn't have a camera, feel free to copy them if you like...here's one looking straight down the wall:29z67fa.jpg

That's definitely what I saw!

Since you "hi-jacked"my post I may just have to take these pics and put them in my collection and pawn them off as my own.

Great pics. Thanks for letting everyone see what I was trying to describe.

Sorry for disappearing. School is kicking my butt this semester. Anyways, finishing out Day 4. After dinner we hurried over to the Savoy Theatre to watch the Love & Marriage gameshow. This is one of our favorite shows and it didn't disappoint this time either. The "newlyweds" were a bit older than most newlyweds and bit....um....."ecentric?" The middle couple was a little quiter but the wife definitely dragged the husband up. The "wisest" couple was great! They had been married for 64 years and had some great stories. A great end to a great day!

IMG_1313.JPG

IMG_1314.JPG

IMG_1315.JPG

Yet again another towel animal. Check out this cool monkey!

IMG_1317.JPG

Belize

i have to say, Belize was a bit disappointing. We didn't have anything planned and that may have been the biggest reason, but just walking around a bit and shopping wasn't the most exciting day. Here are a few pics from our tender in and out.

IMG_1319.JPG

IMG_1322.JPG

I think a storms a brewin'

IMG_1323.JPG

IMG_1328.JPG

We came back after a few hours and headed to Johnny Rockets for a late lunch. Good as always!

IMG_1335.JPG

IMG_1336.JPG

After lunch we hung out around the top deck, playing putt-putt and playing giant tic-tac-toe and giant checkers. Here are some pics while we were up on the top deck.

Holland America Ship

IMG_1338.JPG

IMG_1339.JPG

IMG_1345.JPG

IMG_1346.JPG

I will say, from this vantage point, Belize is actually a very beautiful place. I really enjoyed looking at the water and surrounding islands.

Archived