Carnival Spirit - In Room Credit and Shore Tours

Hi there,

I don't remember if there was that option online, so I don't think you can, but our on board credit was there on day one.

Deidre.

Thank you, I had heard that there were issues with the first few cruises with the OBC not being avaliable, but I'd really hoped to book some shore excursions. Might have to be the first thing I do when we embark...

Few months ago I saw Carnival Australia's pre-reservation booking service up on their website. Wasn't there long before it was taken down - I think it had 'issues'

Best way to book the tours is through the interactive TV once you get into your room. Save queuing up at the desk.

I have OBC noted on my confirmation booking emailed to me. I will be taking a copy of that just in case.

Yes, very important to take the confirmation of OBC with you. Whilst the OBC through our travel agent was available immediately, the defence OBC provided directly from Carnival was unknown on the ship. It was only because I took a copy of the email with me (which they then copied and sent to their HQ) that I was able to get that additional OBC.

Interestingly, when the pre-reservation system went up in November (for a few hours) I pre-reserved our shore tours. When we boarded, the tickets for some were waiting there for me, but not others. This inability to make the system work consistently may be the reason it hasn't been put in place permanently.

Thanks for the tip on printing the OBC info. I normally print all that stuff, along with insurance documents and other things for every trip I do overseas anyway..

With regards the tours.. I have arranged a tour myself for Noumea but will have to pay the inflated Carnival prices for the other destinations. My Noumea tour is going to be about $30AUD pp.. but a snorkeling trip for a couple of hours on Isle of Pines is going to be around $60AUD pp without snorkeling gear included... bit of a rip off but from what I've heard, there's not many honest tour guides in those other ports that aren't already on the payroll of the cruise liners.. so gotta go with what you get..

Yes, very important to take the confirmation of OBC with you. Whilst the OBC through our travel agent was available immediately, the defence OBC provided directly from Carnival was unknown on the ship. It was only because I took a copy of the email with me (which they then copied and sent to their HQ) that I was able to get that additional OBC.

Interestingly, when the pre-reservation system went up in November (for a few hours) I pre-reserved our shore tours. When we boarded, the tickets for some were waiting there for me, but not others. This inability to make the system work consistently may be the reason it hasn't been put in place permanently.

My travel agent is going to sort something out for me when she sends our documents. I have Defence force OBC as well, it shows on one of the itineries my TA provided, so I have printed that out too. We've got so much OBC we don't need spending money for the cruise :-) But again, the tip to get documented proof is great, thanks so much.

Yes, definitely book the shore tours through the interactive TV in your room. Took me all of 2 minutes to book via tv. Went down later and the line up at the shore excursion desk was long. And slow. Those queued must not have known. Way to waste an hour.

Archived