past guest party

hearts12

I am pretty sure you only need to have gone on 1 previous cruise. If that was the question in the OP. (Sorry I didn't quite understand it)

I've been on 3 cruises and my husband has been on 2. I got invites to the past quest party on both my 2nd and 3rd cruises. My husband got an invite on his 2nd. We took advantage of the free drinks, went back to our room and passed out for about a 3-4 hour nap!! haha Gotta love free booze!

I am not sure but I do know they restuctured the point system and I am thinking you dont get invited to the party on the 2 cruise anymore (like the 2nd post says I think its 24 vifp points so 24 days at sea with carnival)! I just dont understand you are a previous guest so they should rename it !

Now the with the VIFP you do not get to go to the past guest party untill you hit 25 point (25 days at sea with carnival) . And you get this on your on your 2nd cruise untill you reach 25 points Complimentary beverage at Punchliner Comedy

Brunch (on the ships brunch is not available,

complimentary beverage at breakfast or lunch

in Main Dining Room)

I just copy and pasted that from carnivals web sight ! Hope that help you !!

Now the with the VIFP you do not get to go to the past guest party untill you hit 25 point (25 days at sea with carnival) . And you get this on your on your 2nd cruise untill you reach 25 points Complimentary beverage at Punchliner Comedy

Brunch (on the ships brunch is not available,

complimentary beverage at breakfast or lunch

in Main Dining Room)

I just copy and pasted that from carnivals web sight ! Hope that help you !!

Do you know if you have to hit 25 days before you sail? or does it still count if you hit 25 days while you sail?? I am at 22 days currently. We are planning an 8 day on the Breeze in December. Now I am curious.

I am guessing you can hit 25 while you sail. If you reach Platinum status later during a cruise they go ahead and give you the Platinum card and perks at the beginning of the cruise. So I'd assume they do the same for moving up to Gold from Red.

Yes you can hit 25 during the cruise and still get invited. I had 21 days before my last cruise ( 2 weeks ago). I was given gold status upon boarding and was invited to the past guest party and also a free drink at breakfast or lunch in the MDR. My gf only had 2 previous cruise and had a red card upon boarding. She was given a free drink in the MDR, but not invited to the party. However she went with me as my guest.

I hit 25 days on a cruise (Glory), but the day I boarded was my 24th day. I still received an invite to the VIFP party as well as the Free Drink Coupon for use in the dining room.

I still received the free drink coupon thing in my room on my last cruise, along with the VIFP invite. I don't think I used it though on that cruise though, if I did, I don't remember what I ordered.

I was under the impression all past guests got the free drink coupon. I'll be getting on Fascination tomorrow (maybe a bit late--heard there may be dense fog tomorrow) so I'll soon know if that's true or not.

Yes, all past guests get the drink coupon. The past guest party is for gold and above (25 days).

This sucks for booking my fourth cruise total seven cabins in all with Carnival if you count the times we brought the DD's and as a thank you I get a free drink at breakfast or lunch ? First Dear Carnival why not a free drink on my terms? I don't have a drink with breakfast and I don't go for lunch in the MDR. A free drink at dinner in MDR would be nice, but nooooooo!

So take your free drink and the horse it rode in on and....

Daddo

This sucks for booking my fourth cruise total seven cabins in all with Carnival if you count the times we brought the DD's and as a thank you I get a free drink at breakfast or lunch ? First Dear Carnival why not a free drink on my terms? I don't have a drink with breakfast and I don't go for lunch in the MDR. A free drink at dinner in MDR would be nice, but nooooooo!

So take your free drink and the horse it rode in on and....

Daddo

LOL! I feel the same way...as a side note, though, I did read where some people on some ships were able to take their coupons and just go to the entrance of the MDR, and then leave with their free drink. You should just be able to get it anywhere, though. What's the difference to them? Free drink is a free drink. Doesn't cost them any different. Probably to them, its worth about .15.

Seriously? You guys don't get it?? They do this KNOWING only about 15% of folks will actually bother to get their free drink. :cool: This new point system didn't start until after we booked this cruise. Our next cruise will probably be on RC. I've been curious about their ships anyway and this will be a good excuse to try something else. And their deposit isn't as high (when booking for four people). We just don't feel valued anymore. And, they took away the last night party too. Were these the only reason we cruised Carnival? OF course not, but if you add up enough perks, that could/will sway a potential customer to either come to, or go away, from a cruise line. Okay fanatics, you can start flaming me now. LOL

Seriously? You guys don't get it?? They do this KNOWING only about 15% of folks will actually bother to get their free drink. :cool: This new point system didn't start until after we booked this cruise. Our next cruise will probably be on RC. I've been curious about their ships anyway and this will be a good excuse to try something else. And their deposit isn't as high (when booking for four people). We just don't feel valued anymore. And, they took away the last night party too. Were these the only reason we cruised Carnival? OF course not, but if you add up enough perks, that could/will sway a potential customer to either come to, or go away, from a cruise line. Okay fanatics, you can start flaming me now. LOL

I Agree ...for my next cruise its time to step up to another line!

I agree with t1adams. We have been on 3 carnival cruises and invited to 2 past guest parties.. We are cruising on the conquest Feb 10th AND won't be invited to the party because of their restructuring of their program... Kind of like giving you something then taking it back... Makes no sense to me!!! I've cruised RC several times, ready to sail with them again. I've been cruising Carnival the past 3 years because my sister's business sponsors a seminar on the cruises to get continuing education credits for our medical coding certification! We do have fun and learn a lot. Wonder if I can talk my sister into trying RC??

Thats the plan grab a couple of Fosters at breakfast and ask them not to open them...and I must remember ...the only thing better than Beer is Free Beer...cheers

I agree 100% Free beer taste better ! Just like a sandwich they always taste better when someone else makes them !!!!!! LOL

Archived