Need Answers on Dream

jillpra

We have sailed on it 5 times but from the old terminal. We are going in March and are doing the cruise and park at Country Inn and Suites so we will be using their shuttle. Do they drop you off right at Terminal 6 or where? Just interested if it is a long walk in case of bad weather? Thanks.

Jill

We stayed at the Radisson - shuttle drops you off and the area is covered - there is a brief area where you walk to the terminal that is uncovered - should not be a problem - once inside it is a breeze - great port

We've cruised at the new terminal.

My husband has bad knees and is putting off having knee replacement surgery. He was NOT happy at all with the new shuttle drop off situation. Yes, they did drop us off under a covered canopy area out in the parking lot. For me, the walk wasn't bad at all, but for someone with mobility issues it could be considered a bit strenuous. He's still trying to do everything he can on his own and not ask for any special compensation or treatment. He said that if he has to be dropped off again he will ask if its possible to be dropped closer to the doors.

The new port building is huge and there is still a lot of walking inside the building before you get on the ship.

This post is only meant to give a POV of someone who travels with a partner with limited mobility issues.

Just got off the Dream yesterday :( we took a taxi from the Double Tree and they dropped us off within 5 feet of the door; I think the shuttles are a bit further back but if you need to be close to the door a taxi is the way to do it. Cost would be between 15-24.00 for the taxi

Just got off the Dream yesterday :( we took a taxi from the Double Tree and they dropped us off within 5 feet of the door; I think the shuttles are a bit further back but if you need to be close to the door a taxi is the way to do it. Cost would be between 15-24.00 for the taxi

Yeah, drop off is easy, it's once inside that is very long. Much longer than the older terminal 10. Also, the debarkation is a free for all and total confusion. Whoever designed the new terminal 6 needs to go back to design school, what a joke.

We've cruised at the new terminal.

My husband has bad knees and is putting off having knee replacement surgery. He was NOT happy at all with the new shuttle drop off situation. Yes, they did drop us off under a covered canopy area out in the parking lot. For me, the walk wasn't bad at all, but for someone with mobility issues it could be considered a bit strenuous. He's still trying to do everything he can on his own and not ask for any special compensation or treatment. He said that if he has to be dropped off again he will ask if its possible to be dropped closer to the doors.

The new port building is huge and there is still a lot of walking inside the building before you get on the ship.

This post is only meant to give a POV of someone who travels with a partner with limited mobility issues.

Yes, I totally agree with your assessment. W had similar walking issues and was a longer walk than we expected.There is no obvious official exterior"entrance" door and the walk from the shuttle/bus drop aff area is uncovered and you could get soaked unless you have an umbrella with you. Nice building and employees. Very quick service once inside.

Archived