Guaranteed Cabins

Dressage Superstar

We have always known our cabin number before sailing, quite often a few days after booking but once about three weeks before sailing. I have read that some people don't find out until checking in but that has never been our experience. We booked about three weeks ago for a cruise in just over a month's time and knew the cabin number within four days.

Don't worry about it. getting your cabin number when you check-in will be just fine as you can't change it anyway.

I once flew to the caribbean (on a different cruisline) and when i got to Gatwick they did not have a cabin number for me, everyone else ,yes :eek:

I got a special label for my case and got on the flight. the cabin number was waiting at the other end :D

:confused:Thank you for the replies.

We booked about 3 weeks ago for the 28th February. Two other families we are travelling with booked balconies and got their cabin numbers within a matter of days. We booked an L grade Outside (unobstructed) and still have nothing. Well at least we'll get nothing worse than a window!

I was just concerned because we may not have anything to write on the baggage label and am concerned it won't turn up!

This is what ive just received from p&o!!!!

I have just called the inventory department. They are unable to allocate at the moment, but have confirmed it will be before you travel, because it's so close to sailing they have advised it may be the day before, but they try to allocate earlier. I do still have the yellow sticker on my computer and checking it daily for you.

Only 15 days to go now!!!! : )

I really want to know where my cabin will be situated lol

Sue and paul

Sounds like exactly the same thing they said to me! Why do they keep checking it every day if they know it won't be til just before the cruise!!

You'll have to let us know when you get it so we can benchmark when to expect ours! We are two weeks behind you so i'm evern more impatient lol!

I'm not worried, just want to know where we will be!!

Louise

This is what i just found and it was posted on 8th Jan 2013, so it just goes to show they can allocate your cabin way before departure!!!

.... Getting excited - only booked last Thursday and got a getaway deal - cabin already allocated and got an upgrade.......

Sue

This is what i just found and it was posted on 8th Jan 2013, so it just goes to show they can allocate your cabin way before departure!!!

.... Getting excited - only booked last Thursday and got a getaway deal - cabin already allocated and got an upgrade.......

Sue

Hiya. we booked about 3 weeks ago, we are on the Ventura 1st march and we took the getaway price, we have our cabin numbers as it as on the paperwork we got we also got upgraded.

Hi

We sail on the Azura 7.3.13 to Caribbean, I rang P & O on Thursday to see if the formal nights are on sea days like Cunard, she confirmed at the time that we didn't have a cabin allocated yet but it would be done before we departed for Barbados.

Checked personaliser Friday and it has appeared, we booked an OG inside and think we now have an OC not sure but think this is an upgrade??

Answer to dress code question is yes sea days are formal nights., that's good because it give me a little longer for getting ready.

Hope you get your cabin soon, I am like you I like to know what I am doing.

Enjoy your cruise

Susan

That's great news sue! If you got yours about 2weeks before then I reckon I've got about another ten days to wait? Still selling ours however they sold out of the grade I ordered when I booked so maybe this is a good thing or a bad thing! Plenty of balcony availability tho! Although I'm not sure it's possible to go from an outside to a balc. Wishful thinking some might say! :)

Hi

Ive gone up 2 upgrades last year and reading on this forum some have had 3 not sure if that was with p&o though but still it is possible, fingers crossed for you!!

Ive looked at the deck plan and our room is next to an open space then theres the launderettes so not sure if we're next to the cleaners room, i guess we'll find out in 12 sleeps :-)

Sue

Hiya,

Our relatives have gone up 1 grade which is good (they didn't want to be on R deck so were very pleased) however I can only guess that they got their cabin number so soon within booking because there were loads of balconies still available at the time.

P & O keep emailing reminding me to print my e tickets and luggage labels, but am a bit reluctant to do this as i'll have to re print them when I get a cabin number! :o

It is always a good sign - to have no cabin allocation until close to departure.

We booked a "Round the World" cruise -- Brisbane to Brisbane on Oriana and Arcadia in late 2010. Got a cabin allocation for Arcadia almost immediately - but had to wait until 3 days before departure on Oriana . Went from a "guarantee" inside to a deluxe outside -- 9 grades up from what we paid for. Very nice!!

Barry

Hi Barry,

Thats useful to know!! Well done you! Well i've pretty much worked out that when we booked at the same time as my parents (we booked a guaranteed outside unobstr view which was only showing as guaranteed availability even for full price and they booked balcony which had plenty of availability on full price) and they got their cabin number within 24 hours, that there must be very little availability on our cabin grade or we'd have found out what it is by now. Perhaps P & O are will be shuffling people around between now and the 28th when we go!

Hope you enjoyed your cruise, sounds like a good one!

Louise

Archived