Does your Passport get stamped for each port you stop in?

Angiet75

Over the past 6 years we've been to about 30 countries including all those you are going to. We have 2 stamps in our Passports. I think somewhere in Italy and Barbados. That's it.

I've heard that if you really want a stamp you can hunt down the place to do it. Not worth the time and bother imho.

We were able to get our passports stamped in Belize ( a little shack in the back of the market right before you leave the fenced in area). Also in Cozumel, (The 2nd floor of a building in town by the square. We asked a police officer and he told us) and also in Honduras. There is a little stand right in port and for a small donation to the school system, they will stamp it for you. We are heading to St. Marteen and Samana in January. Can anybody give me a heads up on where to get stamped there?:D

We did the same thing in Belize and Honduras. But we were able to keep our passports in the safe in our room. It sounds like on European cruises, the ship keeps your passport. Good luck, it was fun to have the passports stamped, especially for our kids.

We did the same thing in Belize and Honduras. But we were able to keep our passports in the safe in our room. It sounds like on European cruises, the ship keeps your passport. Good luck, it was fun to have the passports stamped, especially for our kids.

No, they don't, at least for US passengers. As I and others have mentioned, the cruise line never took them. We always kept our passports. Even Turkey, Slovenia and Estonia did not require us to carry them. Only during our stop in St. Petersburg were we required to have them with us to get through immigration to meet with our private guides. Otherwise, they were always in our safe.

Perhaps different cruise lines do it differently? Our European cruises were with Celebrity.

If I'm going to travel, I'd like my passport to reflect the places I've been. Never thought about it on our Panama Canal cruise (darn!) but would like to have some evidence for our upcoming Mexican Riviera cruise. Any tips? Thanks.

Archived