Freeport short stay on Pride

SugarStar00

I'll be on Carnival Pride in April, we only have a short morning stop in Freeport, 7am-2pm I think. Not sure what we will have enough time to do. Was thinking a beach day, probably Lucayan beach? Will be have enough time to get a cab there and back and still be able to enjoy a little beach time? Any other suggestions on close beaches? Ideally we like to rent chairs and an umbrella, we have our own snorkle stuff so maybe snorkle off the shore a little. I'm reading about all the beauty on this island and really bummed we are going to be rushed through it. I'd REALLY love to see some pictures of these beaches also, seems there's a lack of pictures on the bahamas board.

Thanks!! Jen

When we were in Freeport on Pride in 2010, we booked Paradise Cove/Deadman's Reef. They picked us up right at the port at 8:00 and it's about a 20-minute drive to the beach. Very good snorkeling right from the beach. They keep track of the ships' schedules, so the shuttle had us back to the port in plenty of time. Website is http://www.deadmansreef.com/.

I know this isn't exactly what you want, but I can recommend Pat and Diane tours in Freeport. Take a look at their website and see if anything interests you. We were also there until 2pm and there is time to get to Lucaya. For a beach day you can buy the $10 wristband at the beach resort there...used to be Radisson, but I think it's the Grand Lucayan now.

Archived