Fosters

Shaden1982

Haven't seen any recent comments on Fosters, but int he past they did sport good food and drinks. They are on the upper portion of th eWest End. Beaches are okay and there's snorkeling nearby off shore. But I think the West Bay beaches are better. Beaches are "free" in Roatan,i.e., you can walk up and down and park your rear anywhere. You do have to pay for use of any facilities (bathrooms, loungers, etc.) though. So if th ebeach in front of Fosters isn't to your liking, you can wander on down a d see if there's something better.

Foster's is ON West Bay beach.. all the same beach and the sand is beautiful. The water is crystal clear and for the most part grass free.

The snorkeling is not anything to talk, if snorkeling is the goal go to Tabyana. Or you can walk down to the bit of reef in front of Tabyana.

I don't go to Roatan for the food..it all seems about the same to me..standard fair stuff.

You will wnt to move along the beach to see it all. It's an easy 10 min walk from one end to the other and you will find prettier pieces of beach as you walk from Fosters.

Thank you, I think we'll do that......walk up and down the beach! :D

It's snowing here now, so I'm looking forward to some fun in the sun!

Its closer to 20 minutes end to end.. I don't know about pretty.. the whole of West Bay is amazing as far as I am concerned.. the view of the west end of the island is far better from Foster's.

I s'pose one could say some of the resorts farther down are prettier... but being Foster's is owned and run buy a local family I far prefer it to any of other places.

To each their own. :)

Guest is right that the whole stretch of the beach is pretty nice. Some areas of beach are wider than others, some have more boats parked or moving in and out, some have a more even rockless walk into the water etc. The beach is around a mile I think. We walked it for morning excercise in 10 min. each way easily. But if taking in the views and stopping at vendors etc. you'll go much slower. And you should.;)

My point was that no matter where you rent your chair, don't just sit there. Take it all in. Places to have a lunch, drink, "shop" etc all along the beach.

Or if you want to just sit there and take in the view, feel free to do that. The art of doing nothing is a skill few from the north have. :D

By the by~ if view is what you seek, Foster's is a good choice, father down there are may boats in the water to muck with the view... unless you are as far down as Infinity and Tabyana.

Again, thank you!!! We have booked with Fosters for the transportation package, so they will pick us up at the pier and we have a chair with them.....but we do plan on walking a bit and taking in the view, drinks, food, EVERYTHING!!! And if it happens we don't feel like doing ANYTHING we can and will do that instead!! ;) Sitting on a beach looking at water is one of my fave pastimes!!! :D

CHEERS!

Archived