Private Tours Post Cruise from Valparaiso

susietb

We did an independently arranged trip to MP last April. We made all the flight and hotel arrangements ourselves and then a person we were traveling with found a fantastic guide that picked us up at Cuzco airport and stuck with us until we returned to Cuzco to fly home. He was the best tour guide I have ever had. We made our own arrangements as she didn't find him until after the original plans were made, however I am sure he would help you with all the arrangements. You can reach Jimmy Vasquez Calderon at Peru Inca Wonder, email: info@peruincawonder.com. Website http://www.peruincawonder.com Can't recommend him enough.

Be careful when you type in the address not to add an 's' to 'wonder' as there is another tour company based in Lima with that address. We used them for our tour in Lima and they were very good but use Jimmy for MP.

We are using a globus tour through affordable tours (do a google search for their travel agency.) They discount globus by 10%. My sister and her DH used them two years ago and highly recommend. You have to make your flight arrangements to Lima and inform them of your flight, but they will take over once you reach Lima. Choice Air seems to have some good options for the one-way fare. I'm not sure if Choice Air will also book your one-way fare from Lima to your home air port. The tour company will book for you. We are planning on using miles for that portion of our air. Much cheaper for the one-way fares

We liked the globus tour because they stay in hotels near Machu Picchu one night giving you more time to explore the ruins that evening and the next day. Many of the tours say you can add an extra trip to MP on the day after your first afternoon visit, but the addition is an extra cost.

Good luck!

Archived