Dog Sledding & Glacier Flightseeing in Skagway

fireflymd

I am considering this tour, but we are already booked on 3 other flight tours:

McKinley Glacier Explorer Landing (fixed wing plane, lands on Ruth Glacier)

Ultimate Denali Hike & Flight (floatplane into Denali National Park)

Whales, Bears & Glaciers (fixed wing plane over Mendenhall and other glaciers)

We also booked the White Pass Summit Rail & Bus excursion for the morning we are in Skagway, from 8:30 to 12:00; the Dog Sledding & Glacier Flightseeing excursion would start at 12:45.

We took two helicopter tours when we were in Hawaii--one on Kauai and the other on the Big Island, and aside from the volcano felt they were a bit redundant--we could have skipped one.

Is the dog sledding on the glacier worth it? We would not be going because of the glacier flightseeing.

Dog sledding is a unique if not very pricey experience..

IMHO I think doing 3 flights is redundant, I'd drop one and do the dog sledding, evidently budget isn't a constraint :D

I know at least from my experience views are always nice, but once seen from air, they are similar. Now if one hasn't ever done dog sledding it is very cool, weather permitting.

1748247499_640Outsledding.jpg.4e3eb26a28f17a0abfe85e6686f5c1bc.jpg

Dog sledding is a unique if not very pricey experience..

IMHO I think doing 3 flights is redundant, I'd drop one and do the dog sledding, evidently budget isn't a constraint :D

I know at least from my experience views are always nice, but once seen from air, they are similar. Now if one hasn't ever done dog sledding it is very cool, weather permitting.

The redundancy is my biggest concern, but I was thinking the glacier landing is supposed to be pretty spectacular. We could hike in Denali without the float plane, but then we wouldn't get into the interior. We are doing the Whales/Bears/Glaciers tour in Juneau as a way to see both whales and bears--apparently the flight is also to shorten the time in transit.

I guess what I'm asking is if the Ruth Glacier landing is similar to the dog sledding excursion, we could skip the Ruth Glacier landing.

As an aside, DH and I worked very hard and made many sacrifices to be in the position we are in at present. Both of us came from very humble beginnings--this is what makes the US so great!

Archived